Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Question Sony Reader Library epub books to Nook?

I saw a good book on the 'Free' thread from Sony that I wanted so I installed the PC Reader Library software for Sony onto my PC, downloaded the epub book, and it's now sitting within the Reader Library (Sony) and I can read it on my PC.

My newbie question is now how do I get that free Sony epub book from my PC to my Nook? Does the Sony Reader Library PC software know I have a Nook to connect or does it only use Sony ereaders?
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith100056 View Post
I saw a good book on the 'Free' thread from Sony that I wanted so I installed the PC Reader Library software for Sony onto my PC, downloaded the epub book, and it's now sitting within the Reader Library (Sony) and I can read it on my PC.

My newbie question is now how do I get that free Sony epub book from my PC to my Nook? Does the Sony Reader Library PC software know I have a Nook to connect or does it only use Sony ereaders?
You need to install Adobe Digital Editions. Then connect your NOOK and it should recognize it and prompt you to authorize it with your Adobe ID. You can then import that other book into the Digital Editions library and drag it to the NOOK icon, or you can move the book to the Digital Editions folder on the device.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
lenseman
The Avatar
lenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600
Have you tried using Calibre? It's great for importing, reading and converting ebook files.
lenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Did you try to connect the Nook to see if the Sony software will recognize it as a device?

If it does not then use either Adobe Digital Editions or Calibre.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You need to install Adobe Digital Editions. Then connect your NOOK and it should recognize it and prompt you to authorize it with your Adobe ID. You can then import that other book into the Digital Editions library and drag it to the NOOK icon, or you can move the book to the Digital Editions folder on the device.
Thank you so much pretty lady!

The Sony Reader Library software didn't see the Nook for me, but the Adobe Digital Editions did. I then dragged the book over to my Nook.
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert