Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
ASpence
ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo
Smile Thank you developers!

I'm sorry to interrupt your development discussions but after recently finding Calibre, I was compelled to congratulate the people that made this program possible.

It is the software I've been looking for for years. I'm not sure why I failed to find it earlier. It is a complete joy to use and does everything that I want in the exact way that I want it. It is superbly designed and implemented and a pleasure to work with and customize.

Kudos to all of your hard work! Thanks again.
ASpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct forum. See the guidelines for posting in the development forum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Gosh, how dare he post fulsome praise in the wrong place.

Good job you put that trouble maker (making his first post ) in his place
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
ASpence
ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ASpence has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo
Thanks for being predictable programmers too I really did read the FAQ and even though I knew I was off topic, I wanted to target the developers specifically and this was the best place to do it.

After posting, I was telling my wife that I liked the software so much that I had to sign up and make a post to the developers and thank them. I also told her that I would probably be chastised for posting in the wrong forum. She didn't believe me.
ASpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome

Glad you find calibre useful.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

Moving a post isn't indicative of someone being a "trouble maker" and many (too many) first posts get moved because they don't notice or aren't aware of where they should post.

Moving a thread and making a note on it isn't just for the person that put the thread in the wrong place it is for everyone that comes along later and sees the note and a light bulb goes off in their head that there might be some order to this madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpence View Post
I would probably be chastised for posting in the wrong forum. She didn't believe me.
Moving a post is a simple housekeeping function it is not being chastised. However the fact that you read the forum's sticky post and still chose to post in that forum...

tsk, tsk, tsk, shame on you.

That said, I agree with your sentiment 100%. It may be time for me to make another donation.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-15-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: corrected sentence structure.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

Yes, how dare I do what I got mod status to do...

Given the recent amount of people taking offense at me moving threads, I think I should change my user title. Would something like "Ze evil german Übermod" be appropriate, do you thing?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #8
rakulos
Connoisseur
rakulos began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, K3, acer aspire switch 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
"Ze evil german Übermod"
In all fairness, that is a cooler name
rakulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Quote:
Yes, how dare I do what I got mod status to do...

Given the recent amount of people taking offense at me moving threads, I think I should change my user title. Would something like "Ze evil german Übermod" be appropriate, do you thing?
if you're going to do that here's a new avatar for you to use

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Manichean
Wizard

I was thinking more along the lines of this:
Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool it works

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of this:
that works, and stays with your original theme.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
iansoady
Enthusiast
iansoady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpence View Post
I'm sorry to interrupt your development discussions but after recently finding Calibre, I was compelled to congratulate the people that made this program possible.

It is the software I've been looking for for years. I'm not sure why I failed to find it earlier. It is a complete joy to use and does everything that I want in the exact way that I want it. It is superbly designed and implemented and a pleasure to work with and customize.

Kudos to all of your hard work! Thanks again.
Agreed it is absolutely superb, and as a new Kindle user I find it indispensable already.
iansoady is offline   Reply With Quote