Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

New Cosmos series to air

Heads up for Americans here that may not be aware of it. There is new version of the Cosmos Series that was hosted by Carl Sagan and it will debut on the FOX Network Sunday March 9.

This has inspired Smithsonian Magazine to do a retrospective article on Sagan.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
I have my DVR set

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
Neil deGrasse Tyson is great at phrasing astronomy and physics in everyday terms. Here he is discussing his meeting with Carl Sagan:

http://io9.com/5845656/neil-degrasse...ith-carl-sagan
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've got my calendar marked for Sunday night and I've been telling everyone in my family. This is going to be great.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Advert
Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My alarms are set for 9 PM tonight.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #7
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
On FOX? Does it have mermaids?
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
On FOX? Does it have mermaids?
Don't confuse FOX Network with FOX News. With Neil deGrasse Tyson I expect that it will stick to real science, even if the presentation must be jazzed up for an audience that would not normally watch such a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My alarms are set for 9 PM tonight.

I am hoping that it will get high ratings. I don't expect it to keep up with the Kardashians or the Duck People, but it would be nice if it is enough of a success that it extends completely through and beyond the planned 13-week run. And encourage more such programing.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #9
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I've seen Tyson's work and I'm sure he'll do his best. I'll be watching.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I was really surprised and impressed to see the President of the United States introducing the series.

For those of you who have Android devices, the COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey app that was mentioned on the show can be found here. Unfortunately, the iPad app isn't ready yet.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Heads up for Americans here that may not be aware of it. There is new version of the Cosmos Series that was hosted by Carl Sagan and it will debut on the FOX Network Sunday March 9.

This has inspired Smithsonian Magazine to do a retrospective article on Sagan.
Just want to thank you for the heads up on this. I don't always keep track on what's on TV and I probably would have missed out if I hadn't seen your post. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #12
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I am so looking forward to watching it! Its airing the first time here in Denmark on sunday, so I got my alarm set.

I've never heard about it before it began getting mentioned in the media recently, due to the 'revival' of the show.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Nice show.
rollei is offline   Reply With Quote