Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Free E-Book: Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver

In case you missed the announcement on the Neptune Crossing thread, I've just added Strange Attractors to my downloads page. It's available right now in the following formats: html, Mobipocket, RTF, PDF (2 versions), and LIT. LRF, eReader, and epub are expected shortly.

I couldn't have done it without the generous help of folks on this board.

If you're just joining us on this topic, I'm releasing free downloads of all three volumes of The Chaos Chronicles to date, in anticipation of the late-October publication of Sunborn as a Tor hardcover.

I'll have more news soon on the ebook status of Sunborn. And if I can find enough hours in the day, I also hope to release a podcast audiobook!

Best--Jeff
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thanks

it's so nice to have an author here who's so accessible - AND one who lets us download his ebooks
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
They're definitely added to my list of books to read (although so is lots else at the moment I'm afraid, I'm still working through the Tor freebies along with Gypsy Morph )
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We'll have the LRF edition on board before the weekend. I plan to work on it tomorrow and Friday.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To note, the eReader version is not the chaptered, polished-markup version that I'm working on, and expect to have done by tonight. So if you're an eReader e-reader, you might want to wait for that one.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
To note, the eReader version is not the chaptered, polished-markup version that I'm working on, and expect to have done by tonight. So if you're an eReader e-reader, you might want to wait for that one.
I held off on posting the eReader version, pending your markup. There's a non-link there, holding the place in line for when the file arrives.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much, Jeffrey!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
If you're just joining us on this topic, I'm releasing free downloads of all three volumes of The Chaos Chronicles to date, in anticipation of the late-October publication of Sunborn as a Tor hardcover.
Excellent!

Questions.... is Sunborn part of "The Chaos Chronicles"? Is this a single story (like a trilogy) that spans multiple books or do they each stand alone? For example, I didn't know what I started when I read Wizard's First Rule and had to wait 10 years later to read the final (10th) book in the series.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You know... if authors like you and Doctorow and Flint and publishers like TOR keep giving away free (and DRM free) eBooks it doesn't really matter what reader device you have!!! Also... it will save me huge on my ebook budget. Thanks muchly!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Questions.... is Sunborn part of "The Chaos Chronicles"? Is this a single story (like a trilogy) that spans multiple books or do they each stand alone? For example, I didn't know what I started when I read Wizard's First Rule and had to wait 10 years later to read the final (10th) book in the series.
It is part of the series. They can be read stand alone, but are better read in order.

When Sunborn is released, you'll be able to read the first four back to back. I believe Jeff has a couple of more planned, so you will need to wait a bit for those...
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Thanks!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: LB Mars, Voyage, iPad Mini
Jeffrey,

Thank you! I downloaded your first book only to discover you were the author of the Battlestar Galactica book which I received from Tors giveaway and enjoyed immensely. So I have your first book cued up to read on my Cybook once I'm done with my current David Baldacci novel. If Sunborn comes out in electronic format, I'll purchase it... if for no other reason than you are being so generous with all of us in releasing the first 3 books. Again, thank you.
donbrubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Umm. This may go against the grain of the thread...But...How can I put money in the Kitty? taanstaafl
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i move that all publishers claiming that ebook readers are collectively thieving knaves who will never pay for an ebook be directed to this thread, which should definitively put that ridiculous notion to rest.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #15
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i move that all publishers claiming that ebook readers are collectively thieving knaves who will never pay for an ebook be directed to this thread, which should definitively put that ridiculous notion to rest.
I'm not aware of any that have actually said that in so many words. But pointing them here wouldn't help: they'd assume the MR folks are the exceptions proving the rule.

Personally, I'm a cynic: I tend to think that we all assume other people are just like us, with the same motivations and behavior. So when I hear folks claiming that other people are thieving knaves, I hear an unstated "because it's what I'd do..." corollary.

Incidentally, Jeff doesn't have IMP versions of the books yet. Care to take a shot?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote