Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I've read on a paper coming with the reader that:
"It is recommended that you perform customer registration by registering your contact information, which enables Sony to send you information regarding technical support, software updates, etc."

So I decided to install the software on my laptop, despite...

The registration online seems to be differentiated in 2 different registrations.
First there's a sony account for CS, and special Sony deals/spam. This is independent of your ebook account, so that's good!
You can enter whatever value in the S/N field, meaning you can register the device to lots of accounts.
However, now the hardest part,Sony's ebook store...

It seems creating an account on the e-store is possible, but registering a device that has been registered before fails at the first try (reader needs to be plugged in,and become 'deactivated').
After that you need to go to your acount, and click 'manage devices'.
Sony offers a device to be 'de-activated' there, howeveron the first try my ebook library crashed. this could be due to my pc not being authorized.
after doing the first now my device seems to be de-authorized,and Sony said it gave me 100 credits for classics.
All pre-bought books become invalid,and only books that do not have restrictions on them I can still read.

A pitty;maybe I should've read them first
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote