Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thats what im saying. the weight of this tablet is amazing.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Nice for light web browsing and maybe Magazines. But with 10 hrs battery life no way this is going to replace my eink device.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I don't like the Samsung logo right on the front. It becomes sideways when you turn the tablet, which on a device like that would be often. Not very thoughtful of aesthetics.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #19
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Samsung has a history of last minute changes. If this thing isn't expected until the end of this year (according to the video review) there could very well be even more goodness coming. Let's just hope that it doesn't get lost in the deluge of new devices that will likely be rolled out for the holiday season.

I purchased a Galaxy Tab 10.1 the week it came out. Very nice, but the form factor was just too big for me and I returned it. Maybe this is the general purpose tablet I've been waiting for!

In the meantime, my Nook Color continues to serve as my primary reader while doing about 75% of what I expect from a tablet.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Even if it comes out with the given specs I am in for it (provided they don't ask for my leg in return). In fact I am ready to go a bit higher than my previous purchase point of 350 (only a bit ). It will compliment my Sony 650 very nicely.

din
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
No plans to release it in the US?

Quote:
When I was back in my hotel room I sent the Samsung rep a text message asking for clarification:

Me: ”You Mentioned that there’s no plans to launch the new tablet in the U.S. at Showstoppers.Can you please clarify if u were referring to the Note or the 7.7?”

Her: “Both.”
Maybe they are just waiting for a carrier to announce it.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #22
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Absolutely poor presentation on that video. All I could think of the entire time I was watching it was, "Stop shaking your damn hands at the camera!!"
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
How did he get the number of that representative in the noisy background?
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
And don't forget Samsung also has a Galaxy 8.9" Tab as well (that's right: three sizes in addition to the original version, 7", launched last year).

If I am not mistaken, the RIM Blackberry Playbook is much closer to 600 g so this, as Dulin was underlining, is a real lightweight. The new Sony PRS-T1 eink reader is 168 g; the latest Kobo is abt 200 g.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmwrite View Post
In the meantime, my Nook Color continues to serve as my primary reader while doing about 75% of what I expect from a tablet.
My rooted (CM7) Nook Color does no reading and gives me 100% of what I expect from a tablet.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #26
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
I don't like the Samsung logo right on the front. It becomes sideways when you turn the tablet, which on a device like that would be often. Not very thoughtful of aesthetics.
they showed the 10.1 that way by the retail devices do not have the logo on the front. they will probably take it off this one at retail as well
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
they showed the 10.1 that way by the retail devices do not have the logo on the front. they will probably take it off this one at retail as well
they got sued by Apple for having just the screen so maybe they will put in the logo just to circumvent some idiotic patent.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #28
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Sammy 7.7 inch SAMOLED display tablet disappears from IFA - posters and all

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/03/g...ce-left-behin/