Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Anyone got Glo sleepcover?

I have not seen it in the shops, and I was wondering how it attaches to the reader? Does it use corner straps (ugh), or is it more sophisticated, e.g., attaches to the spine?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
It would also be nice if Kobo would post some additional images of the cover from other angles.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
There appears to be a large number of cases already available for the new Kobos! This Squidoo article lists a large Number for the Glo (with illustrations and links to selling sites).

www.squidoo.com/kobo-glo-cases

Tuff Luv, Gizmo Dorks and Case Crown cases...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 10-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
There appears to be a large number of cases already available for the new Kobos! This Squidoo article lists a large Number for the Glo (with illustrations and links to selling sites).

www.squidoo.com/kobo-glo-cases
I like Tuff Luv cases, but they are pushing Kobo Touch cases in order to make it look like they have a Glo product ready, when they don't. These are the Touch cases.

I'd suggest that you pick up a cheap cover for now and then get a Glo designed cover when they become available. Or you could get a quality cover that you like and simply position a magnet on it to cover the bottom right hand corner of the screen, they you'll have a sleep cover you like
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
None of those are the "sleep" cover.

The one I pre-ordered with my glo looks like it uses plastic clips at the corners which looks better than the corner straps on my touch cover, but I don't know for sure as the reader arrived but the cover is still on backorder.
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
I've sort of got a sleep cover. I hacked the book style case from my Kobo Touch: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...32&postcount=6
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
judyz
Enthusiast
judyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-950
I would be careful about cases. I have been looking tirelessly for one. The stores keep telling me to just buy a touch case but the Glo is slightly smaller than the touch so I suspect the case wont hold it as securely as I would like. I have yet to see a Sleep Cover in any store (I have checked daily). As of yesterday our Chapters in town just finally got the Glo instock but nobody has the cases (Walmart, Chapters, Best Buy).

It seems like Kobo and it's partners have flubbed this launch. I worked at different levels of retail for years. You never launch a device in such a ridiculous patchy pattern as this. Normally they are all shipped in advance with a "street date" for sale. You certainly don't give up all the high margin case and accessory sales to the knock offs by not getting those to stores with the devices.

I realize that Kobo is still working to build relationships with it's partners but they should have managed this better. How many customers have walked out of stores now with $20-$40 cases made by knock off companies because Kobo's official cases are missing in action? These are almost pure profit. It is quite likely that Kobo makes more money off the sale of a sleep cover than it does off the Glo device itself.

Not having a street date has also completely annoyed and confused preorder customers. People are sitting wondering when their devices will arrive and many preorder customers are finding that their friends were able to get their devices earlier by walking into another store.

What is especially troubling is that Chapters who had been Kobo's biggest partner in Canada seems to have gotten the short end of the stick. Chapters customers are book readers who will buy books and Chapters provides a large space just for Kobo. It boggles the mind that Best Buy would end up being first to market by days.
judyz is offline   Reply With Quote