Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Ciaran West
Author
Ciaran West began at the beginning.

Device: Tabtronics M009S
Addictive New Page-turner 'The Boys Of Summer'!

Hey, nice folks!

My debut novel (no, shush; it's actually excellent!) is available now and has been selling bucketloads and getting ridiculous reviews. If you like unpredictable, heartfelt, coming-of-age, suspense and just a damn good page turner; you will love every second of this, or your money back*

Amazon Link!

Smashwords Link!

Review!

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5 out of 5 stars

Beautiful and ugly, all at once. July 24, 2012
By Norma Desmond

"I've just finished this book, and I feel like I've been punched in the gut and left for dead. In the best possible way. You think you know where it's going, you think you know what's coming, but you don't. You just... don't. Mr. West spins a sense of unease from the opening pages, and builds it and builds it into a tangible dread and an ending so horrible and real, I may well have nightmares. My heart raced through the entire last of the story, and I could not put it down. Reminiscent, in my mind, of Stephen King at his best; so vivid, it drags you right in.

It's not all despair and darkness, though; woven throughout is the engaging and gorgeously illuminated story of narrator Richie South's coming of age with the girl next door. These dreamlike moments interlock with the rest to make young Richard a fully relatable person, rather than a character in a novel.

The Limerick slang may take a bit of getting used to, but it's well worth the effort (and by effort, I mean taking ten seconds to google "Irish slang: (word)." Believe you me, I'm not one for having to work too hard). I look forward to many more tales from this excellent author. He's pure rapid, shur."

Was that shameless enough?

Loving the forum, btw. Some real fiction finds here so far.

*I'm keeping the money.
Ciaran West is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, dark, humour, king, thriller