Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #16
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Acer A500 ics is being released now. Mine seems fine. Well, for the 20 minutes I've had it.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
The Sony S tablet has just been updated to ice cream sandwich.

Sony is currently selling the 16G model for $350 plus a free cradle thrown in. I bought one yesterday and played around with honeycomb for a couple of hours before installing the ICS update.

I've had no problems so far.

Last edited by Eskarina; 04-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 2

It has been stable for me
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #19
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Everybody else seems happy with the Transformer update. Not me, after a week it has shut itself off twice so far.
A bit
I think, not sure though, that it might have something to do with Opera. If anyone else has issues with this, I would appreciate a heads up.
I had issues with my Transformer shutting itself off. I don't have Opera, but do have Screeble and wondered if leaving that active might cause it to stay on and run out the battery. It updated itself last week and has been stable ever since.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #20
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I had issues with my Transformer shutting itself off. I don't have Opera, but do have Screeble and wondered if leaving that active might cause it to stay on and run out the battery. It updated itself last week and has been stable ever since.
Yup, I got a new update a few days ago and its been as solid as a rock since. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I actually got a Viewsonic gTablet couple of months ago second hand and upgraded it to ICS 10 days ago just to see if I could. It works great, no shutdowns, no battery drain... hopefully my good luck will hold out.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I lost root with the latest KF update, got mad, sold my KF on craigslist and bought a Galaxy Tab 2 7" from Costco with Sleeve for $239. Best thing I have ever done.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #23
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The Nextbook 7S runs ICS with no problem. I bought this tablet for my wife at Big Lots for $99. I was a little hesitant at first because of the price and it has a resistive touch screen, however I was pleasantly surprised by it's speed and responsiveness. The 7S doesn't have Google Play but you can get Apps through Getjar, Amazon, 1Mobile, Slideme, and Freeware Lovers just to name a few. It runs Angry Birds (all versions), Words with Friends, and many other popular Apps without a hiccup. It supports Flash and has about 6-7 hours of run time on a full charge. It's almost exactly the same size as the Kindle Fire and I picked up a Belkin Kindle Fire folio case from Walmart for $18.88 (not sure why it's listed as $37 online - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Bas...-Fire/19394079) which fit perfectly. All in all it's a pretty good deal for $99 and it runs ICS to boot.

http://nextbookusa.com/productdetail.php?product_id=11

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-18-2012 at 06:52 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote