Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
jeffdelyon
jeffdelyon began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
micro SDHC card

I bought a 8GB micro SDHC card (Kingston class 4) for my recent PB 902.
This card is preformatted FAT32 and woks well on my PC, but my PB902 seems not to see it (not mentioned in configuration)
Should this card be formatted by the PB902 and how ?
Is there any trick with the slot ?
User's manual is poor such as the reader interface. I am a bit disapointed and feel like having acquired a prototype !!
jeffdelyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
jeffdelyon, welcome to MR!

I don't know if this is the case with you, but most problems with micro sd cards with the Pocketbooks result from the fact that the sd card is not put in properly. You must push it into the slot really deep, you won't see the card afterwards.

Normally you can use sd cards like you bought them, you don't need to care about formatting them.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
jeffdelyon
jeffdelyon began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
thank you

Thank you very much ! I had to use a pen end to push it deep enough, and after several trials, it stayed in place !
I wonder if I should feel stupid, but after 30 years of using computers and such stuff, I think that design deserves improvement
jeffdelyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdelyon View Post
Thank you very much ! I had to use a pen end to push it deep enough, and after several trials, it stayed in place !
I wonder if I should feel stupid, but after 30 years of using computers and such stuff, I think that design deserves improvement
Next time use a small coin (e.g. 1 € Cent) or stop cutting your nails for two weeks
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
...or stop cutting your nails for two weeks
Also useful if someone tries to borrow your reader. Growf!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
When i didn't have a nail to spare I found that the corner of the little plastic case the sd card came in could be used for it quite nicely.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote