Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How Many of MR's Indie Authors Have You Read ?
None 39 39.80%
1 - 3 28 28.57%
4 - 5 9 9.18%
6 - 10 13 13.27%
11 - 15 3 3.06%
16 - 20 1 1.02%
More than 20 5 5.10%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
How Many of MR's Indie Authors Have You Read ?

OK just out of interest, of the many many Indie Authors who are members and ardent supporters here on MR have you actually read ?

Include any you have discovered here, even if you don't know thier members,

And I know it's cheating, but include ANY you have Bought / Downloaded but NOT yet read,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops Sorry,

Missed the "I" in Indie on the Poll Question and don't know how or if I can edit it, Sorry,
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Oops Sorry,

Missed the "I" in Indie on the Poll Question and don't know how or if I can edit it, Sorry,
i fixed it for you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i fixed it for you.

Thanks Sweetie

Much Appreciated

Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I said 6 to 10 but I'm sure there are indie authors I've read that I didn't know wear members here.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
2 for me
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Great to know that we are supporting the wonderful Authors that hang around on MR, I think many of us would be suprised just how many there are, thats why the Poll, just to show how many we have to choose from !
Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Oh, wow.... I love to support MR Indie authors **not that anyone could tell **.

So, more than 20 and STILL have a lot that are on my Reader TBR.

Smashwords is my go-to place of purchase.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Oh, wow.... I love to support MR Indie authors **not that anyone could tell **.

So, more than 20 and STILL have a lot that are on my Reader TBR.

Smashwords is my go-to place of purchase.

Me too Dreams, oh btw tell Sockpuppet to expect Eeyore on 3 knees (1 knee for a Biped)

Old 05-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
OK just out of interest, of the many many Indie Authors who are members and ardent supporters here on MR have you actually read ?
Far too few unfortunately. Perhaps four or five.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I said 6 to 10 but I'm sure there are indie authors I've read that I didn't know wear members here.
Ditto. There are some big name writers that I will buy but there are more and more indies that I buy now.

Come to think of it, I would say;
Big Name - 5 to 10%. I'm waiting for DRM to go away.
Free Classic - 30 to 35%
New Writers - 50 to 60%

The percentage will always move around because I'll buy whatever looks interesting at the moment.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Beyond doubt, the best books that I have read in the past couple of years have been by MR writers. I am also in the 20+ group. And I am so proud of all of our fladgeling authors and it has been a pleasure to watch them mature in their writing.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Far too few unfortunately. Perhaps four or five.

Yeah I think lots of us would like to read more of the MR Authors but boy we all have (Well Most) too big a TBR list
Old 05-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Is there a list (anywhere) of recommended books by Indie Authors? I prefer thrillers...
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
Is there a list (anywhere) of recommended books by Indie Authors? I prefer thrillers...

Don't Know of One,

Anyone Help ?