Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
cgturner
cgturner began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-300
Automatically syncing w/o me asking

I have problems with syncing getting frozen up. I would love to NOT sync but it starts up automatically everytime I connect the reader.

I am new here and tried to search for an answer but didn't see one. I also may have but this in the wrong place but really couldn't determine the right place.

I could really use some help.

Cindy
cgturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm using the Mac version. Is there an option in preferences or tools to turn of auto sync? Word on the street is not to use the sync feature (at all).
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
cgturner

I have not seen an option - and I've searched for one. I didn't ask it to sync ever....
Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=721789&highlight=turn+sync#post72 1789

From the above link, I found this. I hope it helps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I'm not a Mac user but I'm going to guess it's the same way as on PC. When the reader is attached to your computer click on the Sync button then uncheck the various things you have checked off. Make sure none are checked and that's it.

When you have anything checked off it will try to sync to that when the unit is connected. When nothing is checked off it's not going to try to sync. HTH

I just got a reader too and find that the sync is a bit wonky. Sony support said to turn off the auto-sync and that's how explained how to. He told me drag and drop was the best but I'm stubborn. Like the sync because then it would save my bookmarks back and forth. LOL
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
I use calibre on imac without any problems whatsoever.
never use Sony software.
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
alfredopp
alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
you can go to the sync option below Reader and uncheck everything. If the reader library freezes before you can even do that, you must open the reader using windows explorer (assuming you are using windows) and delete the folder called "sync". That should turn off the syncing
alfredopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:24 AM   #7
cgturner

Thank you all so much. I will attempt the "unchecking" process. You are all so helpful and nice. Thanks again.