Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
kardava
kardava began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, iPad & iphone
Have Fictionwise & harlequin had a falling out?

I buy most of my ebooks from fictionwise but since their purchase by Barnes &
Noble I have noticed that certain titles, specifically published by Harlequin & their other labels aren't being released on the fictionwise sight. The 2 titles that come to mind are;

6 Killer Bodies by Stephanie Bond, &
One-click buy: June 2009 Harlequin Blaze

Yet both these titles are available at booksonboard.

So I suppose what I'm saying is has anyone heard anything?

And to let everyone know that fictionwise has dropped the ball and to look to other suppliers before assuming that it isn't yet available in ebook.
kardava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Fictionwise has been s...l...o...w... in uploading new releases lately. For about the past two months, publishers have seen long delays before the books are up on the FW site.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I've been disappointed with FW lately. In fact I DIDN"T BUY ANY BOOKS today! I have to be awake around 3 am Tuesdays for the week's new releases and today I didn't buy any. That rarely ever happens. I went to Harlequin and bought July's Presents instead.
Fictionwise seem to be droppig lit format too - at least when a book is first released.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'm not sure but I think they might have had some sort of falling out. I used to occasionally buy some of their 'boy meets gun' books from Worldwide Library when they had 100% micropay rebates, but I haven't seen them on the list for a while now.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardava View Post
I buy most of my ebooks from fictionwise but since their purchase by Barnes &
Noble I have noticed that certain titles, specifically published by Harlequin & their other labels aren't being released on the fictionwise sight. The 2 titles that come to mind are;

6 Killer Bodies by Stephanie Bond, &
One-click buy: June 2009 Harlequin Blaze

Yet both these titles are available at booksonboard.

So I suppose what I'm saying is has anyone heard anything?

And to let everyone know that fictionwise has dropped the ball and to look to other suppliers before assuming that it isn't yet available in ebook.

I don't think that it's a Harlequin thing. Maybe it's a Lighting Source (tFW's distributor) problem. There have been quite a few new releases that FW doesn't have or have taken weeks to get (after BoB, Amazon, Sony had them).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It's not a falling out between FW and publishers. Trust me on this. I own a publishing company. FW has been slow at uploading all the new releases for the past two months.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
slow releases

Yes I have to agree that Fictionwise is being very slow on its releases of late. I don't know if they are overwhelmed with B&N buying them or what.

I think that their only releasing books once a week is starting to cause them more issues. I have been buying more at other sites that have releases faster. I would rather buy through 1 or 2 sites so that I don't have ebooks spread all over if I have to redownload at a later date.

Anyway, I agree that they are indeed being slow.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #8
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I've been disappointed with FW lately. In fact I DIDN"T BUY ANY BOOKS today! I have to be awake around 3 am Tuesdays for the week's new releases and today I didn't buy any. That rarely ever happens. I went to Harlequin and bought July's Presents instead.
Fictionwise seem to be droppig lit format too - at least when a book is first released.
The July books are not available in any website before July 1st. But BookonBoard has better prices then the Harlequin sites and the books are available on time. I had the same problem with Amazon for a while and I use to buy my monthly books at BOB because Amazon use to be about 3 weeks behind. For a while it was no benefit to owning a Kindle since I bought it for the use of the Amazon store and I was not shopping there. I wrote to Amazon (maybe they got a lot of complaints) but it's been 2 months now since they fixed the issue. Now new books are released the same day as all the other ebook stores.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 AM   #9
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Yes, July books are available now. You can buy them individually now, but not as a bundle until July.
At the top of the page e.g. when you're in Presents there are 3 headers, and one is for the next month. When you click it you see the next month's books.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I wrote and asked them about this. Here is their reply:

Hi Jane,

These books will be available on June 15th 2009 for download. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Cheryl
Fictionwise Support Team
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
kardava
kardava began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, iPad & iphone
Well They are completely stuffed now!

Went to new releases and nothing there, WTF?

Considering that they told Jane that they would be up on the 15th now nothing.

Something is seriously wrong, I am very peeved has have over $200 in my micropay account.
kardava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Count me in as disappointed, but patient for the time being. I'm 3 weeks and counting on a book just released by my favorite author that is available both on BoB and Amazon. Hope they get their act together soon...
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I've always bought the bundles, too, and have been frustrated with their delays. I've started buying the bundles from Diesel ebooks. The prices are not as good as Fictionwise but they are close enough and they give you rebates that you can use on future purchases just like Fictionwise. I can even import my bookshelf from Fictionwise to Diesel if I want to.

The whole thing is sad, really. I've always been very loyal to Fictionwise but, in the grand scheme of things, it's the books they are offer that counts and lately thier efforts have been sub par. If Fictionwise doesn't get their act together, they'll lose my business entirely and I spend at least $100 on books every month.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #14
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ugh

Ugh! What the heck, they have not posted this weeks new releases yet, its after 9:30pm pacific time. *mutters darkly*

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 AM   #15
Lush
Connoisseur
Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW, iPad, iPhone
Re: Fictionwise

I submitted a Support Ticket re the delay in adding this week's new ebooks to the website. Response as follows received at 11:15AM 16th June Australian time (9:15PM 15th June New York time):

"I apologize for the unexpected delay in publishing this weeks new ebooks. New titles will up later this evening and the rapid rebate deadline will be extended.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I have just checked the website again. The homepage has been updated, but not the "New Releases" page.

Has anyone else heard anything? I am getting seriously annoyed, & am beginning to think there is something seriously wrong at FW since Barnes & Noble took over.
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote