Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #61
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
So....if you add images to a folder with already renamed files, those images won't be renamed as the script finds 0 as first file and it skips the folder.
Does renaming 0 to 00.jpg lead to a correct order on the new renaming or the script reorders the "old" 10.jpg to just after the "old" 1.jpg ?

ie will the output order be like this?:
00, 1, 10,11,..19, 2, 20,21,...

or like this one?:
00, 1, 2,..9,10,...19,20,..29,..

if it does not mix the order of the old ones, then renaming the old 0.jpg to 00.jpg could solve this problem?

Last edited by thomass; 07-14-2012 at 10:40 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
So....if you add images to a folder with already renamed files, those images won't be renamed as the script finds 0 as first file and it skips the folder.
So in that case, I'd want to do the following so it won't lose my bookmark?

1. Delete the existing files from the directory
2. Put the new ones in the same directory
3. Run the rename script
4. View in Komic

Thanks
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #63
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Does renaming 0 to 00.jpg lead to a correct order on the new renaming or the script reorders the "old" 10.jpg to just after the "old" 1.jpg ?

ie like this:
00, 1, 10,11,..19, 2, 20,21,...

or this one:
00, 1, 2,..9,10,...19,20,..29,..

if it does not mix the order of the old ones, then renaming the old 0.jpg to 00.jpg could solve this problem?
I'm a bit tired but I can't understand what you're suggesting.
New script (the one will be delivered with next release) had some improvements in the sorting part.
It sorts files based on:
- first letter of filename
- then, on every numeric field in filename
making possibile to mix different filenames (it's so hard to be "universal" on this thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
So in that case, I'd want to do the following so it won't lose my bookmark?

1. Delete the existing files from the directory
2. Put the new ones in the same directory
3. Run the rename script
4. View in Komic

Thanks
Let's assume you have 20 pics from a chapter in a folder (correctly renamed).
If you add more pics, rename script won't work on this folder as it find 0 as first file.
If you want to add more pics, you could make a new folder.

If you have a bookmark at page 19, deleting all files and putting new ones in the same folder will lead to keep the bookmark, but this bookmark will point you to pic n° 19 of the NEW set of pics you added.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #64
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Quote:
Let's assume you have 20 pics from a chapter in a folder (correctly renamed).
If you add more pics, rename script won't work on this folder as it find 0 as first file.
If you want to add more pics, you could make a new folder.

If you have a bookmark at page 19, deleting all files and putting new ones in the same folder will lead to keep the bookmark, but this bookmark will point you to pic n° 19 of the NEW set of pics you added.
Great. That's exactly what I want. I group my manga by volume, but usually it's translated and released chapter by chapter, so I'll not want to start from the beginning each time a new chapter is added to a volume.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #65
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Great. That's exactly what I want. I group my manga by volume, but usually it's translated and released chapter by chapter, so I'll not want to start from the beginning each time a new chapter is added to a volume.
Ok, so n°19 will be always the same image through releases. I got it now!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #66
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Quote:
I got it now!
You did say you were tired, and it's way too early in the morning for me here.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #67
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Dear Silver18,
Some A4 comic pages are unreadable on portrait mode.
I want read all pages of my comic book on landscape mode (in Komic).
But I can read only one page on landscape mode with rotate image button (in reading menu).
if i push next page, next page comes on portrait mode.

How can i read all pages on landscape mode (in Komic).

(Sorry for my english. I use Google Transte and web dictionary.)
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #68
silver18
THE NOOB

Just open Komic, hit menu, choose landscape mode.And take some minutes to take a look to other function such as bookmark menu, schedule deletions....
Old 07-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #69
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
I'm a bit tired but I can't understand what you're suggesting.
What I wanted to ask is whether the script preserves the order created previously by itself when I just rename the first one to 00.jpg and execute the script again.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #70
silver18
THE NOOB

Renaming 0.jpg to 00.jpg doesn't create problems with the order (with new version of the script. I don't know if this worked with the old one!).
Anyway, running again the script after adding images and renaming 0 to 00 will lead to correct renaming only if new images are sorted after old ones.
Otherwise the new block of images will be sorted before the old ones!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #71
Sturmovik
Sturmovik began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thanks. Nice job !
Sturmovik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #72
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
I was bored so I made some buttons for komic that look like the kindle touch ones. Just thought I would share them if anyone wants them. You can download them here. By the way silver18 I meant no disrespect I love komic, I just wanted more "kindle like" buttons and shared them encase anyone else did. A sample image is attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by Titano; 07-21-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
I was bored so I made some buttons for komic that look like the kindle touch ones. Just thought I would share them if anyone wants them. You can download them here. By the way silver18 I meant no disrespect I love komic, I just wanted more "kindle like" buttons and shared them encase anyone else did.

Here is the Menu Button.
That image link is expired, but you can view it embedded in a web page here:
http://ge.tt/1HZdJoK/v/1
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #74
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That image link is expired, but you can view it embedded in a web page here:
http://ge.tt/1HZdJoK/v/1
Thanks geekmaster! I will keep that info in mind in the furture and upload to something else.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #75
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Thanks geekmaster! I will keep that info in mind in the furture and upload to something else.
I load my images to wiki.mobileread.com
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons