Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #496
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
This was also a Alfred Hitchcock film.
Apache
yep...
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #497
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
If you like the murder-swapping, you might enjoy Mariah Stewart's "Dead Wrong", "Dead Certain" and "Dead Even" which is a trilogy of murder swapping. I liked them!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #498
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
If you like the murder-swapping, you might enjoy Mariah Stewart's "Dead Wrong", "Dead Certain" and "Dead Even" which is a trilogy of murder swapping. I liked them!
Thanks!!! I will have a look at them. I used to like misteries a lot, but sometime in my twenties I decided it was not a "serious" genre and gave up reading that sort of books.... Now that I am not that serious anymore, I am slowly going back to them.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #499
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
There is a fourth book Dead Even (on my TBR list)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #500
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
There is a fourth book Dead Even (on my TBR list)

Helen
Maybe you meant Dead End?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #501
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Maybe you meant Dead End?
Maybe I did
Thanks
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #502
aero528
aero528 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Help finding an old e-book

Long ago, (early 2000's, haha) I read a book on my Sony Clie. This was back when MobiPocket worked for palm OS. The thing about the clie was that when it's battery died, it lost all of its internal data. I had a book on there that I loved, and I lost it years back. I've been searching for that book every now and then since, but haven't found it. I've probably been looking twice a year for 7 years now.

Unfortunately, I don't know the title or the authors name. This makes it very hard for me to search for it! The book was about a race of sentient trees that came to earth. They interacted with humans, native Americans specifically. It was a very interesting plot(or so I remember), and I would love to read it again! I think it was only published in mobi format, and not widely distributed. I'm also fairly certain it was written by a man.

I know this isn't much info to go off of, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Help me on my long lost quest to find it!

I really don't know where else to look, that's why I've come here. I hope this is the right section of the forum for these kinds of requests, I didn't see a better place.
aero528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #503
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Only thing I can think of offhand is The Krugg Syndrome http://www.librarything.com/work/974032 although that's probably not it as it's set in scotland.

Sentient tree book list, some people have too much time on their hands
http://www.scifan.com/themes/themes.asp?TH_themeid=245
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #504
aero528
aero528 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Only thing I can think of offhand is The Krugg Syndrome http://www.librarything.com/work/974032 although that's probably not it as it's set in scotland.

Sentient tree book list, some people have too much time on their hands
http://www.scifan.com/themes/themes.asp?TH_themeid=245
I've actually looked through that list, it's not on there. This book was set it the eastern us, so I don't think that's it. Thanks for the suggestion, though!!

Also if I remember correctly, the trees were good beings, and some humans were killing some of them. Anybody else have any ideas?

Last edited by aero528; 11-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.
aero528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #505
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've got a book that I can't find the title for too. I thought it was by Charles Williams, but it might have been one of the other Inklings .... or just somebody my mind connected with them. It starts with a gal who has been afraid all her life of somebody who follows her in the shadows. A friend (in theatre?) finally gets her to talk about it, and through sharing her fear, she is able to let the "follower" actually meet her .... and it turns out to be herself. And it turns out that she has been bearing some of the pain/fear for an ancient ancestor who was burned at the stake as a martyr.

None of the Charles Williams titles I saw looked like the right book -- but maybe I just didn't recognize it! Anybody know?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #506
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I've been trying to remember this book for years. It was a kids book, I got it from the library in possibly the late 80s when I was twelve-ish.

I'm sure the author was somebody Calico and it had a donkey in it.

I hope I haven't made it up
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #507
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traye View Post
I've been trying to remember this book for years. It was a kids book, I got it from the library in possibly the late 80s when I was twelve-ish.

I'm sure the author was somebody Calico and it had a donkey in it.

I hope I haven't made it up
Could it be The Small Miracle by Paul Gallico? http://www.paulgallico.info/smallmiracle.html
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #508
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I remember a book or story that involved time travel to Jesus's Crucifixion--I don't recall if there were other times visited. I believe two or three children were searching for their father, who had traveled back in time, and when they saw Jesus on the way to be crucified, they realized the man they were looking at was their missing father. I think this would have been from the mid-sixties or earlier. Any ideas?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #509
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Could it be The Small Miracle by Paul Gallico? http://www.paulgallico.info/smallmiracle.html
OMG yes!!! Thankyou so much!
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #510
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traye View Post
OMG yes!!! Thankyou so much!
That's great, Traye! Glad I could help.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children's books, christie, forgotten title, four just men, mystery stories, teen sleuths