Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Question Can anybody compare the K3 Light/No-Light covers?

I'm about to order a K3, but can't decide on which of the covers to get, the one with the light or the one without. Only because I might occasionally use the light. The only thing keeping me from choosing one is a good comparison. Has anybody compared the size/weight of both covers? I'd prefer the light one, only if it doesn't make the Kindle thicker or bulkier, I'm sure the weight increase would be negligible (probably still lighter than my K2 + cover). Any help? Thanks.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
There's a thread here, more than one maybe, comparing the two. The cover does add some bulk and weight, obviously, but I don't think the light adds very much extra weight, and the lighted cover is no thicker or bulkier. Someone else can tell you for sure though.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I have both covers and the lighted one does not feel heaver or really much thicker, just the back feels stiffer on the lighted one. The standard cover is more flexible. I prefer the lighted one, feels more secure and rigid, plus the light is really great, much better than any pics can show. Both covers will add bulk and weight by their nature as the kindle is so light and slim.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the responses, I guess lighted one it is!

I searched the forum for a thread about it, but didn't seem to find a comparison, too many variations on kindle 3 cover light I figure.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote