Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Under the Dome

Using the 20% off code, you can get the ePub edition of Under the Dome for only $7.99. That is the cheapest price currently going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
3 discount codes from Kobo, all valid until the end of the month.

1. Get $1 off all romance titles - Discount Code: 1Love
2. Get $2 off all self-help titles - Discount Code: NewYou
3. 20% off all other eBook categories - Discount Code: Save20
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Under...1Ng/page1.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Good deal! I got it for $7.20 on pre-order from Amazon and I just got done with the book!!! Great read
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
drplokta
drplokta began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Fictionwise has it on 100% rebate, which is a better deal as long as you want some other books from Fictionwise as well.
drplokta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Did the publisher bother to include a Table of Contents in any of them, or are they all as sloppily done as the Kindle version?

You'd think after making us wait six weeks past the print version's publication date (soon to be four months!) they could at least have created a proper ebook. The Kindle version didn't even have a cover image!
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Did the publisher bother to include a Table of Contents in any of them, or are they all as sloppily done as the Kindle version?

You'd think after making us wait six weeks past the print version's publication date (soon to be four months!) they could at least have created a proper ebook. The Kindle version didn't even have a cover image!
I liberated it, and ran it thru Calibre. Now it has a nice cover.

The book grabbed me so nicely from the first sentence, I was totally absorbed in the story and didn't notice any problems with the formatting.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
The book grabbed me so nicely from the first sentence, I was totally absorbed in the story and didn't notice any problems with the formatting.
A woodchuck and an airplane
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post

I've been noticing a number of Mobipocket format eBooks have been coming with no ToC. But thankfully because I convert them to ePub, I can have Calibre find the ToC entries for me and sort it all out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I liberated it, and ran it thru Calibre. Now it has a nice cover.
What she said.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I did finally finished Just Before Sunset. Reminded me of Bachman days, and if there were formatting errors, I didn't notice, I was too involved in the story (I will NEVER use a porta potty again!)
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
What she said.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I did finally finished Just Before Sunset. Reminded me of Bachman days, and if there were formatting errors, I didn't notice, I was too involved in the story (I will NEVER use a porta potty again!)
Thats been on my "to be read" list for ages......now I gotta go read it! AAck!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
What she said.

I have been meaning to read that for a while but just have never gotten to it... it is worth it I take it.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I have been meaning to read that for a while but just have never gotten to it... it is worth it I take it.
There was one story I didn't like, but the rest were great - and the last one is vintage King. King said he wrote this because he felt he had lost the skill of writing a short story. When I finished, I said he definately had it back. I haven't liked his last couple books (although I did like the Cell, the last hardcover book I bought) but this was terrific.

I had to move this one up to the top, because it was the first book I bought for my K1. I bought it in paper back when my K1 died, and I picked up on my K2 exactly where I had left off when my K2 arrived. I am starting to wittle that backlist down!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
I liberated it and gave it an awesome cover, a color map, and a nice table of contents. I wish all publishers were as good as Baen or Rosetta. Even HarperCollins seems to do a nice job...
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote