Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
Lurker coming out of the shadows

Hello all,
I have been reading this forum for a long time. I purchased my PRS-500 almost 2 years ago. I just decided to take advantage of Sony's upgrade offer and have purchased a PRS-505. This forum is one of my primary infomation sources for eReaders. A lot of excellent information here and a minimum of egos and flamers.

Kevin
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kevin and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 for over a year now and really like it a lot. I was going to get a 500 but, for various reasons, put it off and then the 505 came out and I didn't wait long at all!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Hi, I agree this is a great source of information. I joined because I was vaguely thinking of getting a device, and thanks to all the information here have decided to get a 505 and bought it today!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
Hi, I agree this is a great source of information. I joined because I was vaguely thinking of getting a device, and thanks to all the information here have decided to get a 505 and bought it today!
Hooray! I hope you like your Sony PRS-505 and that it serves you well!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello ShadowJack -- and now that you've introduced yourself here's a hearty Welcome to MobileRead. I've had my Sony Reader since last summer and I'm enjoying having it. I don't know if you've seen the Sony cover with a light-wedge built in. It's terribly convenient for reading in the car without bothering the driver's eyes.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Congrats on your new purchase! How are you finding it? I have never seen/been with (lol) a 500 before, so I'm curious as to how you find the differences.

And congrats on your purchase, Ruth!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote