Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
RBraverman
Enthusiast
RBraverman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Change Folder in the Droid Device

It's been discussed a thousand times, but I still have not seen an answer.

I've change the android plugin to storage/extsdcard/ebooks, BUT it keeps saving it in the storage card but in books.

HOW the H&&&& do I change it.
RBraverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
It's been discussed a thousand times, but I still have not seen an answer.

I've change the android plugin to storage/extsdcard/ebooks, BUT it keeps saving it in the storage card but in books.

HOW the H&&&& do I change it.
How are you connecting?
Please give the devices Exact model:
and list the reading software you use (may or may not be relevant)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How are you connecting?
I assume you're referring to a phone or tablet and not your Kindle

If so which version of Android are you using.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-03-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
RBraverman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How are you connecting?
Sorry did miss those, THIS time is a Galaxy 4 in MTP mode, using Calibre and Moon Reader.
It has worked on an HP Slate 7 with an external SD card, with a folder called eBOOKS on it.
I tried everything in the Android plug-in, which appeared to work when I loaded books onto my ASUS T300 and the Slate 7 - the phone took me to having to 'configure' the Card A.
Now then, as all devices I have the books being saved to Card A into eBOOKS I think I'm ok - what do you think?

Also where do I go to get info on setting up series?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
RBraverman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I assume you're referring to a phone or tablet and not your Kindle

If so which version of Android are you using.

BR
See above please.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
Sorry did miss those, THIS time is a Galaxy 4 in MTP mode, using Calibre and Moon Reader.
It has worked on an HP Slate 7 with an external SD card, with a folder called eBOOKS on it.
I tried everything in the Android plug-in, which appeared to work when I loaded books onto my ASUS T300 and the Slate 7 - the phone took me to having to 'configure' the Card A.
Now then, as all devices I have the books being saved to Card A into eBOOKS I think I'm ok - what do you think?

Also where do I go to get info on setting up series?
There is no series setup as such

When you enter a series name for a book in Metadata Edit and it doesn't already exist then the series is established - try it. After that you only need to enter a couple of characters - eg "Fou" and select the name from the drop down list - eg Foul Fiends, Foundation, Fourbury Tales etc. The series number auto increments from current high number, you can change it. In between numbers are allowed eg 2.5.

BTW - for me at least there is no need to reply to my posts if you already supplied the info in another post

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #7
RBraverman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There is no series setup as such

When you enter a series name for a book in Metadata Edit and it doesn't already exist then the series is established - try it. After that you only need to enter a couple of characters - eg "Fou" and select the name from the drop down list - eg Foul Fiends, Foundation, Fourbury Tales etc. The series number auto increments from current high number, you can change it. In between numbers are allowed eg 2.5.

BR
My problem with that is that they do not show in order - THAT's my problem, which I assumed some sort of series option might take care of.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is a Preferences:Tweaks:
for how automatic Series incrementing algorithm works: IIRC the default is start at 1 and increment.

IF the book contains a Calibre series meta tag (there is no standard), that will be used.
Every device does it different (remember: 'No standard')
Use the Plugboard to PREPEND the Series-Index for your K as it is even less accommodating in sorting. Also consider using the Kindle Collections PI to make 'Series' collections ( shorten the name to index-Title with the Collection implying the Series name)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
ADMcDonald
ADMcDonald began at the beginning.

Device: MoonReader Pro on Android
Interested in getting the series to Moonreader as well

This is a quirk for me, too. Two parts: A) I manage the metadata for the series just fine, thanks. Yes you need to be diligent when you import books, because publishers have no standard for series information. It can be there or not, in the title or in the series or both places. That means I have to edit the metadata for each book that comes in. It's worth it.
B) I have set up plugins and plugboards to manage the directory and filenames of the books when they hit the device as well as the metadata of the book that get reader can see. It used to work. Not sure when it crapped out, may have been before 1.0.

I have a Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 with Android 4.2.2 and MoonReader. I put the books on the SDCard. They get to the Card/books/ directory Ok, but fail to get into an author directory.
Here is what I put in the Android device plugin for save template:
{author_sort}/{series:|[|}{series_index:0>4.1f| |] - }{title} - {authors}
and here is what I get:
Card/books/Rivers of London - Ben Aaronovitch.epub
I do something similar to the metadata with a plugboard and get similar results. The bitch is, it used to work!
I have another book:
Card/books/Anthony, Piers/[Cluster 01] - Cluster - Piers Anthony.epub
and the metadata shows the title as:
[Cluster 01] - Cluster

Any suggestions? I'd hate to have to incorporate all my series' into the title field.
ADMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote