Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #61
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Forgive me. I have been extremely irked with Teleread's attitudes for some time, and this brouhaha has put the cherry on that cake.

This was not the place to air that, though, and I do apologize.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #62
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Forgive me. I have been extremely irked with Teleread's attitudes for some time, and this brouhaha has put the cherry on that cake.

This was not the place to air that, though, and I do apologize.
You have nothing to apologize for. Anyone reading this thread would see that Teleread became part of the topic.

You are entitled to your opinion even if others don't agree with it.

To quote Dr. Drib's excellent post -
"To shut people up from their experiences - whatever they may be - smacks of censorship."

If you discussed flying antelope with bazookas, that would have been off-topic.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #63
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
You have nothing to apologize for. Anyone reading this thread would see that Teleread became part of the topic.

You are entitled to your opinion even if others don't agree with it.
That wasn't the problem (topic related opinion vs. using unacceptable wording was the problem). Feel free to express your thinking about that in a new thread or via PM though.

Please respect our request to stay on topic according to our posting guidelines which do also include rules about how to discuss topics.

Michael
(moderator)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #64
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'm at a loss as to why two moderators have deemed it necessarry to chastise khalleron. Nothing she has said seems out of order or even off topic to me. Teleread is absolutely a part of this topic. From my understanding, they featured an article on the Cherrypal Africa, then announced it was a scam, then deleted indications that it was a scam when threatened with a lawsuit. Of course this is relevant and most definately on topic.

How did she violate Mobileread's posting guidlines? Did she call another poster an "idiot" or "crazy"? No, she didn't.

She referred to Teleread as "Pro-Amazon", "anti-everyone else", and "extremely sexist". What is wrong with these statements when she is stating her opinion and not denegrating another poster? I mean, come-on, "Pro-Amazon" is not exactly the worst insult, and she backed up her claim for why she felt Teleread was sexist. Most importantly, her comments were not directed at another poster, but were just a statement of her opinion.

I really don't get what khalleron did wrong. (You got some karma from me, girl.)

Last edited by Daithi; 01-23-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #65
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I'm at a loss as to why two moderators have deemed it necessarry to chastise khalleron. Nothing she has said seems out of order or even off topic to me. Teleread is absolutely a part of this topic. From my understanding, they featured an article on the Cherrypal Africa, then announced it was a scam, then deleted indications that it was a scam when threatened with a lawsuit. Of course this is relevant and most definately on topic.

How did she violate Mobileread's posting guidlines? Did she call another poster an "idiot" or "crazy"? No, she didn't.

She referred to Teleread as "Pro-Amazon", "anti-everyone else", and "extremely sexist". What is wrong with these statements when she is stating her opinion and not denegrating another poster? I mean, come-on, "Pro-Amazon" is not exactly the worst insult, and she backed up her claim for why she felt Teleread was sexist. Most importantly, her comments were not directed at another poster, but were just a statement of her opinion.

I really don't get what khalleron did wrong. (You got some karma from me, girl.)
I don't agree with them either, but could we all just drop the matter?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #66
Yomero
Yomero began at the beginning.

Device: none
Better Bussines Bureau Cherrypal Report

See Cherrypal's rating of BBB.

BBB Cherrypal's rating

And other forums here.

I might have some interesting information by the end of the month.
Yomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #67
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomero View Post
I might have some interesting information by the end of the month.
That sounds intriguing...
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #68
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
To put it clearly for anyone here to be able to read it, and to ensure that a google search finds it too:

Quote:
BBB (better business bureau) Reliability Report for Cherrypal : F

Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.
And no, I am not shaking in my boots for posting this, and yes, me too, I am annoyed at the reaction of some mods (always the same btw) those last weeks.

I really was under the impression that this forum was here to
1. help consumers and
2. allow its members to state their opinion on products or companies.

There has been no diffamation done as far as I can see, so I am really wondering why so many posts had to be changed or even removed in this thread. Very very annoying.

On a side note, it is the first time in my life that I feel compelled to write something like this, but right now, I am angry. Really.

Last edited by aceflor; 01-24-2010 at 10:48 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #69
Yomero

Maybe Cherrypal is betting for this product, and just stamp the brand on it. But it looks that the wifi is optional.

They claimed before that they'll use whatever architecture was available, depending on the price, so maybe they are betting to stamp their brand on products like the netbook described before which costs 89.99 or less.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #70
atari
not established
atari began at the beginning.

Device: /dev/null
Exclamation

Are there any news on Cherrypal?

Wrote a preliminary summary...
atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #71
hibengler
hibengler began at the beginning.

The Cherrypal Africa exists. I am using one right now.

I too submitted an order, and my order was cancelled. Then I saw this forum.
Finally I realized that Cherrypal headquarters is only two blocks from my house. I met with him, and agreed to purchase 3 units.

The africas I got are small, white. Having two speakers, a trackpad, one SD slot, three USB ports, and a network port, headphones and a microphone. I wanted linux boxes, but Max didn't have any available that way - they are mostly at the warehouse. These are running windows CE.

It has a via ARM-VT8500 CPU and 128mb of ram. I think it has 2gigabytes of ram. and a wifi built in.

Windows explorer, a spreadsheet, an audio recorder. Basically this is a cheap laptop server.

So, this is not a scam. Until the credit cards get taken care of, cherrypal is accepting checks.

My next move- try to install chromium os or linux on this guy. Wish me luck.
hibengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM   #72
Yomero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibengler View Post
The africas I got are small, white. Having two speakers, a trackpad, one SD slot, three USB ports, and a network port, headphones and a microphone. I wanted linux boxes, but Max didn't have any available that way - they are mostly at the warehouse. These are running windows CE.

It has a via ARM-VT8500 CPU and 128mb of ram. I think it has 2gigabytes of ram. and a wifi built in.

Windows explorer, a spreadsheet, an audio recorder. Basically this is a cheap laptop server.

So, this is not a scam. Until the credit cards get taken care of, cherrypal is accepting checks.
So you are pretty much describing this computer or this, the only difference is that the brand is kingluxe and not Cherrypal. It only costs $77.71 or $74.80 US Dlls plus shipping for 1 or 2 computers...

Now, I have a couple of questions, why if he has the computers in his warehouse, is he cancelling orders and not shipping them? Wasn't he able to tell that he had to ship your computer at two blocks from his headquartes?

Something makes no sense. I have some information that might be of interest to everybody, I just received it today and I have to organize it to post it.

Last edited by Yomero; 02-02-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #73
atari
not established
atari began at the beginning.

Device: /dev/null
Thumbs down

Quote:
This is not a "Cherrypal Africa":

Quote:
Here are the minumum technical specifications: 400 MHz processor, 256 MB DDR / 2 GB NAND-flash and runs Linux (Ubuntu, or Debian, or Green Maraschino).

Quote:
Here are the minumum technical specifications: 400 MHz processor, 256 MB DDR / 2 GB NAND-flash and runs Windows XP.
atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #74
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Quote:
I too submitted an order, and my order was cancelled. Then I saw this forum.
Finally I realized that Cherrypal headquarters is only two blocks from my house. I met with him, and agreed to purchase 3 units.
Cam you post a photo of your machine for us?
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #75
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
So, someone who "lives two blocks" from the company signs up just to say that he indeed got the product.

No, that doesn't sound like a shill at all.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote