Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
binkman71
Enthusiast
binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505; nook
Bestsellers for $9.99

Just received a Thank You email for my Nook (nook? they don't seem to capitalize it...) preorder, only about a week after ordering it. That aside, it says eBook Bestsellers are only $9.99 at the B&N eBook store.

Now, I don't know how many are included in the list of "Bestsellers", but I figured I'd mention it since there has been lots of discussion of the pricing differences between B&N and Amazon.

K.
binkman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've been reading a lot of controversy over the pricing differences as well, but for the books I've looked up B&N has been the same as Kindle. Maybe they just did a pricing adjustment between the time the reader was announced and people started taking notice? Or maybe I just happen to only be looking at best sellers...(?)
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
uncola
uncola began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2 soon
I looked up some books randomly and the B&N price was higher than amazon
uncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I've been reading a lot of controversy over the pricing differences as well, but for the books I've looked up B&N has been the same as Kindle. Maybe they just did a pricing adjustment between the time the reader was announced and people started taking notice? Or maybe I just happen to only be looking at best sellers...(?)
The prices that will be the same are new releases and best sellers. If you look for books outside of that realm you will see the price differences.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
avwh
avwh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The prices that will be the same are new releases and best sellers. If you look for books outside of that realm you will see the price differences.

=X=
IOW, they're price-matching now only where they think they have to. We have to re-educate them, or the Nook sales numbers have to, that non-best-sellers and older releases need to be competitive in price, too.
avwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert