Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
DonaldL.
Connoisseur
DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500/300/650, Kobo Aura H2O
Price drop in Canada for PRS600 & PRS300

Noticed a small price drop for the PRS600 -$350 and PRS300 -$240.
DonaldL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldL. View Post
Noticed a small price drop for the PRS600 -$350 and PRS300 -$240.
Thanks. PRS-600's are currently showing out of stock.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
hockeygrl
hockeygrl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 (hopefully)
They are the same price at BestBuy.ca and they seem to have both in stock.

As you can see this is my first post on here because I haven't gotten an ereader yet. I have my heart set on the PRS-300 and was wondering if there would be any issues if I bought it down in the States? Would there be any warranty or registration issues?
I am going down to the States this weekend and hope to pick one up for $200.
hockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
CarolB
Connoisseur
CarolB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Really!!! At that price it might be worth getting one up here!
CarolB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Thanks. PRS-600's are currently showing out of stock.
It is available at Future Shop, for those interested. However, I only saw them in black.
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentiu View Post
It is available at Future Shop, for those interested. However, I only saw them in black.
London Drugs seem to have matched these price reductions also.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
London Drugs seem to have matched these price reductions also.
Do they ship to other locations too?
If so, one can use the price to get a discount from Future Shop, knowing that they match the price and give another 10% of the difference. FS still shows them at $399.
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygrl View Post
I am going down to the States this weekend and hope to pick one up for $200.
I bought mine at Best Buy for $199.99 USD while in the States 2 months ago. Cost as appeared on my credit card statement was $223 Canadian. I had no problems activating it and using it here in Canada.

Remember, the dollar conversion printed in the paper is not what you actually get. My bank charges 2.5% on top of the current exchange rate it pays when I use my card in the States - even with that 2.5% fee it is still the best exchange rate compared to buying US dollars at the bank or a foreign exchange place. Note: Never exchange money at a US bank - they offer the worst rates.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
hockeygrl
hockeygrl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 (hopefully)
Thanks MikeRo for all the tips! I'll definitely be picking one up this weekend. Yay!
hockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
DonaldL.
Connoisseur
DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DonaldL. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500/300/650, Kobo Aura H2O
You should also consider getting the "reader cover". It feels more like a book than pulling it out of the padded case that comes with the ebook.
DonaldL. is offline   Reply With Quote