Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I don't understand it either. When I spoke to CS yesterday she said they haven't had any complaints that she knows of and that the majority of people are happy. Who knows.
The idea that CS doesn't know about these problems is absurd - they have probably been instructed to deny everything, which makes the problems seem isolated instead of systematic. People are less likely to complain or leave poor reviews if they feel like their problems are just with their particular unit, rather than with a whole technology that is clearly suffering either design or production problems, which seems to be the case. Amazon is going to take a big hit from this problem next quarter, especially if they can't correct it in time for the holidays.

As for mine I'm in wait-and-see mode. In the past, Amazon CS has been very accomodating so I'm relying on that to give myself the time to make a reasonable decision rather than a rush to judgment. Amazon's CS is really all they have left at this point, in my opinion.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #32
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
The idea that CS doesn't know about these problems is absurd - they have probably been instructed to deny everything, which makes the problems seem isolated instead of systematic. People are less likely to complain or leave poor reviews if they feel like their problems are just with their particular unit, rather than with a whole technology that is clearly suffering either design or production problems, which seems to be the case. Amazon is going to take a big hit from this problem next quarter, especially if they can't correct it in time for the holidays.

As for mine I'm in wait-and-see mode. In the past, Amazon CS has been very accomodating so I'm relying on that to give myself the time to make a reasonable decision rather than a rush to judgment. Amazon's CS is really all they have left at this point, in my opinion.
I agree. Happily, I had a different experience last night when Amazon CS called me saying that they were aware of the problem. I detailed that call here, if you'd like to read it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194935
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert