Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Compere
Compere began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Phone 7, Trekstor Pyrus
Manual adding Format

Hello,

i dont know if my question is stupid, but maybe, it is not. I have added all my books to Calibre. Some of them are no ebook, they are real books. There are hardcover, paperback and others.

is it possible to assign formats like Hardcover, Paperback and so on to the books, so that i can use them in the library, or search only for Hardcover and so on? Would be fine, if someone cant point me in the right direction to get this to work.
Compere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
No, you cannot add pseudo formats, although I guess you could add a dummy file with an appropriate file extension.

I use personally a tag (e.g. HARDCOVER, PAPERBACK, AUDIO) to indicate such books. As it easy to search and/or filter on tags this works well.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I created a custom column: "Extra Format" of type "comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser". This way my tags won't be messed up and is still easy to search and/or filter on.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
Compere
Compere began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Phone 7, Trekstor Pyrus
Ok. many thanks. I will try this
Compere is offline   Reply With Quote