Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bookshop offers to swap Kindles for "real books"

From "The Register":

Quote:
Are you entirely unsatisfied with the digital publishing revolution? Do you curse your Kindle? One bookseller has the answer: it'll swap your unwanted e-book reader for a stack of paperbacks, hardbacks and magazines.

Portland, Oregon-based Microcosm Publishing said it will trade a Kindle - a gadget it slams as "soulless faux-literary technology" - for the device's value in new or used books and mags.
Full story here.

Anyone going to take them up on their offer?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Nick_Djinn
Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nick_Djinn is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Boox, Pocketbook, Asus
Are these going to be crappy 'recycled', or brand new bestsellers and textbooks? I kind of doubt the later.

I would only trade a reader that I didnt like the quality of if I couldnt sell it for a good price.
Nick_Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118017
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, I hadn't seen the earlier thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
They can't be serious.
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #6
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Hmmm....

The average cost of a paperback here is AU$20. I have 300 ebooks on my Kobo, so total is AU$6000.

Might be worth it. Plenty of money to buy me a Sony PRS-950 and keep me in ebook slush funds for a while.

Luddites....
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote