Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
piovac
piovac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Note 4, Samsung Tab S, MacBook Pro
Problem selecting the Dropbox library folder

I have the latest (paid) version of CC installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1. I am trying to access my Calibre library in Dropbox. The whole Dropbox authentication process works fine, but when I get to the step where I have to chose the folder, after some crunching, I just get the "/" option and from there I can only do cancel or back, so I cannot select any library folder.

I have the identical issue on my samsung Tab S with same version of the SW and Android.

The only special thing is that I have my business Dropbox account linked to the personal one. I wonder if that is the problem. For instance, I know that after I did the link, my notebook now contain 2 folder and the personal got renamed from "Dropbox" to "Dropbox (personal)". Could it be a folder name issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-23 22.30.54.png
Views:	337
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	143122   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-23 22.30.44.png
Views:	374
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	143123  

Last edited by piovac; 10-23-2015 at 06:37 PM.
piovac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:35 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The linked accounts could be causing the problem. The dropbox documentation is very vague about how it is supposed to work, and I can't test it.

Assuming that your library is in the "Personal" dropbox, from what I understand from the documentation things should work if you tap the "Personal" button. That is supposed to connect CC to the personal account as if the other linked accounts did not exist. At that point you should see the folders, which clearly is not happening in your case.

One point: CC will work only if the calibre library is in a subdirectory in dropbox, not in the root. In other words, the metadata.db file must not have the name /metadata.db, but instead have a name like /something/metadata.db.

I might be able to find out more from a CC debug log. If you send me one, please remove the multipie.co.uk address.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #3
piovac

Chaley, thank you for your reply. I just email you the log file. My Calibre library is actually buried under a couple of levels of hierarchy at: "/Reading Room/Alexandria/metadata.db". There is one space in the Reading Room folder name.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piovac View Post
Chaley, thank you for your reply. I just email you the log file. My Calibre library is actually buried under a couple of levels of hierarchy at: "/Reading Room/Alexandria/metadata.db". There is one space in the Reading Room folder name.
The debug log pointed at what probably is going wrong. The Dropbox API has two fields, "rev" and "revision". The difference between these fields is not clear. According to the documentation (and as far as I can tell), "rev" is an arbitrary string and "revision" is a small int. However, in your library "revision" is a long int, so clearly my interpretation of the docs is wrong.

Going through comments found by asking Uncle Google, it seems that "revision" could also be an arbitrary string just like "rev". As CC only checks for equality, I have no problem with changing CC to accept strings instead of ints for "revision". This change will appear in the next beta (in a day or so) and will be generally released in a week or so.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
piovac

Chaley, I just installed the latest version of DC and it has the same identical issue. I just sent you the log file. Please let me know if I can help debugging. I can test betas if you want me to.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Chaley, I just installed the latest version of DC and it has the same identical issue. I just sent you the log file. Please let me know if I can help debugging. I can test betas if you want me to.
Thanks.

There is (was) another instance of the "int revision" stuff that I missed.

I can send you a fixed (I hope) APK if you PM (private message) an email address to me. Alternatively, if I can send it to the email address that you used to send me the debug log then post here to let me know (without posting the email address ).
Old 10-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #7
piovac

My email is the one I used to send you the log file. Thank you!
Old 10-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My email is the one I used to send you the log file. Thank you!
APK sent. Let me know what happens.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #9
piovac

All fixed now!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:57 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
All fixed now!
Excellent. Thanks for your patience and for your help tracing down the problem.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #11
victoriageras
victoriageras began at the beginning.

Device: Acer A1 - 810
Hello!

I am facing the same issue with piovac!

How can i fix this?Will there be a new update?
victoriageras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:39 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriageras View Post
Hello!

I am facing the same issue with piovac!

How can i fix this?Will there be a new update?
The fix was included in CC V4.2.9.3, released on 6 November. Are you running that version or later? EDIT: You can see the version number by tapping the 3 dots to open the menu then choosing "About".

If you are then your problem is different from piovac's. To (try to) determine what is happening I will need a CC debug log (instructions are here). Please erase the multipie.co.uk address.

Last edited by chaley; 11-28-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Tags
calibre, cloud, dropbox