Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #61
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I noticed that the Sony book page he uses as an illustration is Large font - does that help you with your concern about words-per-page and such?

Yes, thanks. From what I've seen in video reviews, the Large or even Medium font might work well for me on the 350. (I decided if I can't stand the smaller screen, I'll find a deserving friend to gift the 350 to and get the 650)
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #62
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
You can find a good size comparison here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qWU7...ure=youtu.be&a
Thanks for the link.

If only the 650 came in pink... *sigh*
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #63
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Yes, but I'm not sure by how much. The screen size is the same.
It's just as wide as the 300, and only about a half inch shorter and maybe 20% thinner. Not a huge difference in absolute terms, but enough to make a huge difference in how it 'feels' and it fits much better in the front pockets of a pair of mens slacks.

That, coupled with a truely huge difference in display quality and in the user interface makes me feel the differences are significant and worth the upgrade.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #64
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish View Post
Thanks for the link.

If only the 650 came in pink... *sigh*
You're welcome. It looks a LOT smaller than the 300 in that video. Amazing how different saving a few ounces and a few centimeters will make.

And I feel your pain about the 650 not coming in pink. I've decided to try the 350 cuz I'll get pink and it'll fit more easily in handbags.

Last edited by doreenjoy; 10-03-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #65
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Handbag! If it were much smaller it'd fit in a shirt pocket!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #66
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Then you would have to wear a pink shirt so you would be color coordinated.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #67
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
I carry a lot in my bag. Enough to supply a small independent country after a tsunami for at least a week until the Red Cross arrive.

The 505, with case, is just a little too large to carry comfortably along with all of the other flotsam and jetsam of my daily life.

Quote:

Pink goes with EVERYTHING!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #68
niksknits
niksknits began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I have to say, if a reader I wanted was available for a lower price in a colour I didn't like, I'd rather get the cheaper, ugly-coloured version rather than pay more. But to each his own! Lets hope that Sony comes out with some Neon-orange or lime green models someday, so that we can get them later at a great discount!
Reminds me of when I bought my prs-600. I SO wanted the red one, but the black was on clearance at a different store for 30 bucks cheaper. I bought the black one. It was a no-brainer for me.
niksknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #69
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Mine should be here tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to the 5" screen. I need the portability.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #70
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Mine should be here tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to the 5" screen. I need the portability.
You'll enjoy it regardless of color! It's a quality reader.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #71
EliNoah
Enthusiast
EliNoah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader Pocket Edition
I am a middle aged woman and I have a PINK sony 300!

I plan on buying the PINK sony 350 to replace it! Why? Because it is PINK! LOL. My medge cover is pink and matches it. Why did I choose it in the first place---PINK! The Kindle was white and the nook did not exist yet.

If the nook or the kindle came out in pink I would actually consider them over the sony...but I LOVE the size of the 300 it fits nicely in my PINK purse, next to my PINK sony walkman, and my PINK phone and my PINK little camera...

So sue me...LOL

(sigh) Now if they only made the Nikon D700 in PINK...to go with my PINK Dell Laptop.
EliNoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #72
mish
Addict

I just saw an ad for a kobo in pearlized lilac... Ruh-Roh Rastro!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #73
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The other day, I was chatting with guy with an iPad in a bright red case. He explained that a) he wouldn't be as likely to leave it somewhere after putting it down (which he said had happened!), and b) red is much easier to find in a crowded bag.

I will say that as a guy I'd draw the line at a pink case; I suppose a black one would go best otherwise.

The lilac color on the new kobo is only for the quilting on the back of a white reader. Still, with
a snazzy skin ....

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 10-08-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #74
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
Quote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk! As consumers of the hottest in technology, we should know that "matchy matchy" is tres passe! Pink on pink? Horrors!

Last edited by parafluie; 10-09-2010 at 07:59 AM.
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #75
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

The devices that I carry in my shirt pocket (for audiobooks) are both black; I own no black shirts.