Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
$10 JBL bag and SD card reader combo

Found this at geeks.com, it is a "Zing camera kit" that includes a case
with dimensions that fit the JBL, a USB SD card reader and a micro fiber
cleaning cloth for $10. Finding good options for the JBL seems a little
hard, so I posted it here, but maybe it should have gone to the deals
forum.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?Inv...-008K&cpc=RESX
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Good eyes!
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks for that heads up, Ken. That's a great deal!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad my lucky encounter can be of some use to others as well.
I ordered the kit myself. Its description includes a removable
divider, I'm hoping I can modify that to match my extra batteries
case and any other accessories.

I'm thinking a guy can get away with wearing a camera case,
but I may see if I can add an NRA logo to it somehow.

GhostHawk; How are those NiZn batteries working out?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Just fine so far Ken, Still holding on 4 bars. Was just headed to read for a another hour or 2 before bed.

If it keeps up I may be able to get a week out of them, which would be awesome.
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard

OK; the Zing camera kit arrived today.

The SD card reader/writer is working fine with SDHC 4GB class 6 cards that I
tested it with. Nowhere in the ad or on the gadget does it mention being SDHC
capable, but it is, at least to 4GB.

The camera case itself is much better made than the $9.95 price tag would
suggest. It is well padded and has a nice soft lining for the main compartment.
It has eight pockets/compartments three of them zippered. Three of them are
mesh pockets. The main compartment can be made into two compartments,
by a divider that is held in place by velcro hook strips, that adhere to the soft
liner.

Of greater interest to us JBL owners, is the outside padded pocket that the
large padded flap closes over. With the pocket unzipped, the JBL slips easily
into the pocket and can be secured by the large flap's Velcro strip. This makes
for very easy access to the JBL. (It even works with my JBL in its sock.)

The two little side pockets hold my 4 AA battery cases as it they were made
for them.

It comes with a nice padded shoulder strap, that clips onto D-rings on the case
sides. The bottom of the case has two, hard rubber like, pyramid textured, non
slip feet/strips. All in all, it looks to be made to handle more weight and a denser
package than I would have expected you would need for a camera case.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-01-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ken, what are the battery cases you refer to? Is that something that can be purchased somewhere? I think I need one.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard

You should have noticed this address in the recent threads on rechargable batteries
for the JBL:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/

They often include a case with a purchase. They also offer them for sale.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!

I didn't get one with my NiZn batterys, however they did come in a bubble pack on a card, that I cut the top off, making a rather impromptu one. Good enough to keep them from laying loose, shorting out.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
I didn't get one with my NiZn batterys, however they did come in a bubble pack on a card, that I cut the top off, making a rather impromptu one. Good enough to keep them from laying loose, shorting out.
The Energizer Rechargables came with a usable "case" sandwiched into
the packaging, as well. For those it was just a matter of liberating it
from the cardboard that surrounded it.

The ones from http://www.thomasdistributing.com/
are a real step above those, more of a longer term, sturdier case.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You should have noticed this address in the recent threads on rechargable batteries
for the JBL:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/

They often include a case with a purchase. They also offer them for sale.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks Ken. I see one for 89 cents. Unfortunately, the shipping is $6.33.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks Ken. I see one for 89 cents. Unfortunately, the shipping is $6.33.
Probably one reason they include them with some of their related sales.

A Google search might find such cases with a better shipping option, it
seems like a common design.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #13
Ken Maltby
Wizard

An odd thing I just noticed ordering the NiZn charger and battreies, was that when
I added two more 4 AA cases to the order, my shipping cost went down. I decided
I should be sure and get the cases while I had an order to attach them to, thanks
to your heads up on the shipping cost and GhostHawk's mention that no cases were
included in the NiZn offer.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I've just placed my order for the battery cases with DealExtreme, where (at GhostHawk's suggestion) I got my SD card reader from a couple of months ago.

Amazon had a good case for $1.79, but the shipping was about $5.50.

DealExtreme's price was $2.44 each with free shipping.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #15
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!

Thats pretty reasonable, may have to check that out.

Thinking about adding another set of NiZn batterys to my lineup.
Blood pressure has been going up steadily, doc finally put me on medicine, and I've been taking my BP twice a day.

Yep, the new electronic BP device runs on 4 AA batterys.

Seems like a good match.