Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #46
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ
So I called him, and he said he just hired someone new and they must had screwed up, he will send me the correct cover, and then he hung up the phone. I hope he gets it right this time.
Gosh sounds like they were a little rude to you if he just hung up the phone in that manner. Hope that isn't the case.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #47
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Will they refund you for sending the wrong pouch back?
He's sending me The pouch and a box to send this one back.

I'm plain.....I went with good ol Black

The Pouch he sent me looks really nice, definitely what I was looking for.....I'm really going to get some good use out of it.

RWood, how hard is the front flap on yours?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #48
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Gosh sounds like they were a little rude to you if he just hung up the phone in that manner. Hope that isn't the case.
It was kind of rude the way he did it, I followed up with an e-mail which he responded right away to saying he sent it to the right address.

He sounds like an older guy running a one man show, maybe hired someone that was not so good, and is putting out fires right now....
Old 03-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #49
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hard but flexible, not rigid (which I sort of half expected.) My first thought was that it was cardboard backerboard but that would crease and after bending a bit (not too much) it returned to shape and did not favor the spot where I bent it. It seem to follow the bend but do not break moto. It will protect the unit.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #50
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
In the event anyone is worried about their dealings with this company, I received my Royal Blue pouch today and it fits perfectly. I didn't have problems dealing with them. He did say he'd notify me by email when it had shipped, which didn't happen, but I only ordered it the other day and I'm pleased with the really fast service. I think it would offer quite a bit of added protection during travel.

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #51
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether
... He did say he'd notify me by email when it had shipped, which didn't happen, but I only ordered it the other day and I'm pleased with the really fast service....
The same here Jim, he promised an email when it shipped and the pouch arrived but the email never did.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #52
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I still didn't receive my invice
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #53
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Looking at my invoice, they charged me $29.95 for the pouch, plus $2.00 for the color, and $7.05 for shipping. But reading RWood's description of his hard flap, I'd say that's what I got, too, without the $4.95 fee. Feels like it's lined with a plastic of some sort and provides a lot of additional protection for the screen. Maybe they're getting enough orders from this group that they're throwing that in gratis?

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #54
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Wow, what a process, after over 2 weeks of trying to get this pouch between the waiting for the first one, and then getting the wrong size, I finally received my new pouch. It is the right size, nice and snug, and I feel alot more comfortable traveling around with this now than I did with just the cover. If anyone is looking to purchase, make sure to confirm the measurements on it to verify you get what you want the first time.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #55
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
I still didn't receive my invice
Mine was in the box. It got stuck to some of the sealing sticky and didn't come out at first. My wife found it when she was about to throw the box away.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #56
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Mine was in the box. It got stuck to some of the sealing sticky and didn't come out at first. My wife found it when she was about to throw the box away.

Mine was also in the box, the second one came with a 0 balance exchange invoice. He also sent me a box to send the other one back, but he seemed to had forgotten to put a shipping stamp on the box, due to his error sending me the wrong size after confirming over and over the size I wanted, I am assuming he is not going to think I will pay to ship the other one back.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #57
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received my pouch today.

Not sure whether I am happy with it. When the reader is inside of the pouch, about 5mm of the reader are above the rim of the pouch. It causes velcro to stretch and it doesn't cover the full velcro stip when closed. My reader is in stock cover so far. If I buy sony leather cover it is even slightly taller, isn't it?
Maybe they have done a wrong size?

I think inside of the pouch there is a slightly protruding line where black nylon meets with neoprene, it stop the reader to go completely down, maybe that's why it sticks out of the pouch...

Don't know what to do now.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:03 AM   #58
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

That would probably mean he sent you the pouch measured for the reader WITHOUT the cover, thats what happened to me. When I got the 2nd pouch, it fit perfectly, look at the photos posted by RWood, it should fit exactly like that.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #59
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ
That would probably mean he sent you the pouch measured for the reader WITHOUT the cover, thats what happened to me. When I got the 2nd pouch, it fit perfectly, look at the photos posted by RWood, it should fit exactly like that.
I wonder whether this pic is with the reader inside or not
Pouch3 is the pouch closed?

I probably will make a few pictures of mine at the evning and post them here.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #60
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

The photo you are referring is how mine closes with or wihout the reader in it. How's the fit around the width of the reader? A bit snug?