Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #61
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
It's a damn shame it took them all this time just to tell you that they were going to repair it, they could have had the issue resolved by now if they hadn't been pussy-footing around about it!!

Okay, now that I'm done ranting I'm glag they are going to grt it back to you by the end of the week. Which actually would be today, lol! Sorry, I went up to the mountains for a week and my whole what-day-of-the-week-it-is got switched around on me! Keep us updated querida!!!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about a repair I think. There is so little else that makes up these devices beyond the logic board that the odds of the logic board replacement missing something in your case is very low.
oh, thank you ! that is very good to know. although as it happens, it will most likely end up being irrelevant... (read on to see why)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
It's a damn shame it took them all this time just to tell you that they were going to repair it, they could have had the issue resolved by now if they hadn't been pussy-footing around about it!!
seriously. and just wait, it gets better !

Quote:
Okay, now that I'm done ranting I'm glag they are going to grt it back to you by the end of the week. Which actually would be today, lol! Sorry, I went up to the mountains for a week and my whole what-day-of-the-week-it-is got switched around on me! Keep us updated querida!!!
the saga continues !

those of you who have been paying attention (*cough*emonti*cough*) noticed that i *should* have gotten my 600 back last friday (8 days ago, that is). or thereabouts. well, friday came and went with no news. and then saturday did too. and since i know by now that the guy i saw does not work on mondays, i hoped for news on tuesday, and got none. so wednesday i called, and left a message. and since i got no reply, thursday i called and left *another* message. and still no news. finally, this morning i got a call from sony.

it turns out the delay was due to the piece (logic board) being backordered. the problem is, they don't expect to receive it until... JUNE !!! don't ask me how that is possible, it seems crazy. well, obviously i don't want to wait SIX MONTHS to get back my 600 ! so now we are back to the idea of an exchange, again. seems to me like if we had just done that in the first place, everybody could have saved a lot of time, but then, it's not my decision.

i will know for sure probably on tuesday (i hope), because again, it's not up to the guy i spoke with, but the head of the consumer service department, but according to the guy, he thinks that the head of the department will agree, under the circumstances. so i'm really crossing my fingers and hoping for good news, because it's been 3 long weeks already and i really miss it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #63
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
June?!?! Look, Zelda, just tell them you'll settle for your pony, delivered no later than tomorrow, and you'll call it square. (gee, that's an odd name for a pony, says she)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #64
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
June?!?! Look, Zelda, just tell them you'll settle for your pony, delivered no later than tomorrow, and you'll call it square. (gee, that's an odd name for a pony, says she)
wait, the pony is from sony ? now i'm confused. also, i thought you wanted to call it farkley chuffbuckets III ?
Old 01-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #65
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wait, the pony is from sony ? now i'm confused. also, i thought you wanted to call it farkley chuffbuckets III ?
Hey, it's your pony - call it what you will (gee, that's an odd.....oh, never mind).

And if you can get two ponies, one from Sony and one from Alexander, who are you to complain? Geez, the things I have to explain around here!
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #66
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hey, it's your pony - call it what you will (gee, that's an odd.....oh, never mind).
so, *not* farkley chuffbuckets III, then ?

Quote:
And if you can get two ponies, one from Sony and one from Alexander, who are you to complain? Geez, the things I have to explain around here!
hm, good point.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #67
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just noticed this post. I'm sorry your 1300 broke. I can loan you my 505 so you can have a 1010. Not as cool I know but better than nothing.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #68
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I just noticed this post. I'm sorry your 1300 broke. I can loan you my 505 so you can have a 1010. Not as cool I know but better than nothing.
aw, thanks daffy ! that's so sweet of you. actually if you loan me your 505 that would give me a 1205, which is not too shabby although not as cool as a 1010 would be (symmetry !).
Old 01-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #69
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw, thanks daffy ! that's so sweet of you. actually if you loan me your 505 that would give me a 1205, which is not too shabby although not as cool as a 1010 would be (symmetry !).
Where did the 195 come from?
Old 01-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #70
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Where did the 195 come from?
(pssssttt! 505 + 700 = 1205 Of course, she really just has an ebookwise somethin' or udder)
Old 01-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #71
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
(pssssttt! 505 + 700 = 1205 Of course, she really just has an ebookwise somethin' or udder)
Do'h! (where is that Homer smiley when you need him)
Old 01-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #72
Onecanuck
Onecanuck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600S
Zelda.. Good luck with this. It appears that Sony is being helpful. I appreciate the effort you took in posting this. It may come in handy if I encounter similar problems.

BrianH
Onecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #73
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So (rubbing my hands together), where are we in the "we'll fix your reader but will take 6 months and giving you another one is a little bit too much work, but the guy that should get his own karma button is working his arse off for you so you should be pleased." ?

Not sure about my grammar, or whatever where you put the symbols is called. Punctuation?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #74
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Do'h! (where is that Homer smiley when you need him)
it's okay daffy, i still think it was a very kind offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onecanuck View Post
Zelda.. Good luck with this. It appears that Sony is being helpful. I appreciate the effort you took in posting this. It may come in handy if I encounter similar problems.

BrianH
well, if it helps at least one person, then my abject suffering will not have been in vain. and yes, at *least* one person at sony (and possibly more) is being very helpful, and for that i am grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
So (rubbing my hands together), where are we in the "we'll fix your reader but will take 6 months and giving you another one is a little bit too much work, but the guy that should get his own karma button is working his arse off for you so you should be pleased." ?

Not sure about my grammar, or whatever where you put the symbols is called. Punctuation?
we are hopefully near the end, as i am really counting on hearing that they've decided to give me a new one TOMORROW : i heard saturday about the replacement piece not being available till june, the head guy who makes the big decisions is not there on saturday, the guy who should get is own karma button for working his arse off for me does not work on mondays, thus TUESDAY should hopefully be the Day-O'-News, and hopefully it will be good news, of an exchange. in which case there will be a party at my house, and y'all can finally uncross your various appendages.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #75
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Various appendages....well I only have 2 legs! Wait, I guess it could be 2 fingers too, huh? Oops