Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They'd know immediately that it wasn't bought in Europe, since I don't believe the red PRS-600 is sold here, is it? Only the silver and black versions are sold in the UK, anyway.

I'm very pleased to hear that they are repairing it free of charge for you; they can be a bit funny about that kind of thing.

I've still not got my original PRS-600 back, by the way .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They'd know immediately that it wasn't bought in Europe, since I don't believe the red PRS-600 is sold here, is it? Only the silver and black versions are sold in the UK, anyway.

I'm very pleased to hear that they are repairing it free of charge for you; they can be a bit funny about that kind of thing.

I've still not got my original PRS-600 back, by the way .
we do have the red ones in france. they know it was bought in new york because i told them, and gave them my receipt.

but i am definitely really pleased by the service. either they will repair it free of charge, or they will replace it for me ; since i am pretty sure it is a material fault i think i'd almost prefer a replacement. but either way i'm very happy. this guy is really going to a lot of trouble to make sure i have a working device one way or another, it's really nice.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's excellent news - hope your repair goes more smoothly than mine has!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's excellent news - hope your repair goes more smoothly than mine has!
fingers crossed... i'll know more at the beginning of the week. it's hard being without it even for a few days.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #20
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
They'd know immediately that it wasn't bought in Europe, since I don't believe the red PRS-600 is sold here, is it? Only the silver and black versions are sold in the UK, anyway..
For anyone in the UK who wants a red version of the Sony PRS-600 - they are exclusive to John Lewis in the UK where you can purchase them online http://www.johnlewis.com/230681797/Product.aspx
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
For anyone in the UK who wants a red version of the Sony PRS-600 - they are exclusive to John Lewis in the UK where you can purchase them online http://www.johnlewis.com/230681797/Product.aspx
have you got a red one then ?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Sadly no - mine is black but then I got it for 219 as opposed to the 249 which I think John Lewis are selling it for but the red looks very nice
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Hmmm... I didn't know there was a "Frech" version either! Thanks for keeping us all updated! As long as they replace it/fix it, but that's a damn shame that ur a paying customer who has a pretty expensive piece of equipment that's only 90 days old and they weren't going to cover it under the warranty!?! Give the gentlemen that helped you a big fat hug !
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Sadly no - mine is black but then I got it for 219 as opposed to the 249 which I think John Lewis are selling it for but the red looks very nice
crikey, 30£ extra for a coat of red paint ! if that had been the case for me i think i would have stuck to black as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Hmmm... I didn't know there was a "Frech" version either!
heh. despite what they say in the sony store, i'm pretty sure there isn't. i told them they are all alike. they won't believe me though ; they work for sony, so they must be right.

Quote:
Thanks for keeping us all updated! As long as they replace it/fix it, but that's a damn shame that ur a paying customer who has a pretty expensive piece of equipment that's only 90 days old and they weren't going to cover it under the warranty!?! Give the gentlemen that helped you a big fat hug !
actually, sony store accepted almost from the beginning to take care of the repair, there was a small moment of hesitation when i said i bought it in the US but they quickly agreed. and when i had telephoned previously i specifically mentioned that and got the reply that if there are no B&H video shops in france, then i should go to sony store for the repair. it's apparently the technical service which doesn't want to accept the repair under warranty, and i'm not sure what is their relationship to sony france (a part of it ? an independent contractor ? i don't know). i do agree though that it would have been pretty outrageous if they had sent me away saying "sorry, we can't help you" only 3 months after i spent 300$ on this thing... especially since, honestly, sony is sony, right ? US or france, in the end it's all the same company, with the same products (most of the time). but the gentleman who is helping me definitely deserves something. too bad i can't give him karma in real life. at the least i'll give them a lot of good publicity.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm really pleased with the sony repair service here !
I'm really pleased with the repair service I got here too. Although the Sony Repair Depot is just a few miles away.

I got a new replacement when they couldn't fix my PRS-700, or the cost of fixing it was more than what it was worth.

Are there any "Red" French versions of the PRS-700? I seem to remember that silver was the only colour rolled out in Europe for other models.

I guess you're relying on your trusty old and outdated PRS-700 to do your reading on these days.

I hope you get is resolved, either way, soon.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #26
K8Ereader
Connoisseur
K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i noticed some really weird behaviour. i was reading on size M, and when i turned a page, it would jump a few paragraphs or a full page too far, and i would miss large chunks of text. if i changed the display in any way (switch to size S text, or display / hide (depending on the current state) the notes bar), the missing text would miraculously appear. even a *very* odd thing happened when, in size S, i missed some text, so i tried to highlight the last line of the previous page to easily find my place after changing to a different size, hoping that the missing text would be there. the highlight wouldn't "stick" ; as soon as i released my finger from the screen, instead of flashing and staying, the highlight disappeared. when i closed the notes bar, the page changed as well to display the missing text (a full screen which had been missing), and on *that* page, the bottom line was highlighted. .
This is what I've noticed on one or two books, most are fine and the wrap resets. I did find that if I went to the beginning of the chapter before resizing to M it was better, but sometimes failed again on the next chapter.
Also justification sometimes hops for a couple of pages. I'm too new to know if this is the book or the machine though. I'll keep my eye on it!
My USB seems OK though
K8Ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm really pleased with the repair service I got here too. Although the Sony Repair Depot is just a few miles away.

I got a new replacement when they couldn't fix my PRS-700, or the cost of fixing it was more than what it was worth.
that is really good to know. this is my first experience with the service department, i never had any trouble with my 700, and i'm glad to know they seem to handle it realy well.

Quote:
Are there any "Red" French versions of the PRS-700? I seem to remember that silver was the only colour rolled out in Europe for other models.
in france we got all 3 colours, for a change ! there is even currently a "special edition" red one on the sonystyle.fr site (and in the store, i saw it on display when i was there) with a limited edition cover (unfortunately, they *don't* have the basic red 600 cover, which is the one i want. )

Quote:
I guess you're relying on your trusty old and outdated PRS-700 to do your reading on these days.
yep, i am, and i have to say, i spent last night tapping the screen and wondering why the dictionary wasn't coming up, and trying to hadn-write notes and being surprised when it didn't work... i miss my 600.

Quote:
I hope you get is resolved, either way, soon.
thank you. fingers crossed, but overall i'm feeling optimistic...
Old 01-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8Ereader View Post
This is what I've noticed on one or two books, most are fine and the wrap resets. I did find that if I went to the beginning of the chapter before resizing to M it was better, but sometimes failed again on the next chapter.
Also justification sometimes hops for a couple of pages. I'm too new to know if this is the book or the machine though. I'll keep my eye on it!
My USB seems OK though
actually, heheh, i have to now say that that is apparently not a problem with the 600, but with the book ; i know that because i put it on the 700 to continue reading it, and i am having the same experience. there must be something weird in the code, but i haven't yet taken a look to see what...
Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #29
K8Ereader
Connoisseur
K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I think that's good news for me...I wondered if my new toy was developing something nasty!
Love the red cover (even though I only have a silver model)
K8Ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8Ereader View Post
I think that's good news for me...I wondered if my new toy was developing something nasty!
Love the red cover (even though I only have a silver model)
i think it's good news for you too. i've really got to get a cover soon, the little sleeve it came with is just not doing it for me. i actually did order one online but it never arrived (thank you, postal system...). :grrrr: so i was hoping to get one in person at the shop, but it looks like i'll have to order it online or settle for black. i'm going to try my luck one last time.