Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey ! we've got a club, too ??

thanks !!! i'm so happy it worked out ! i really wasn't sure it would, between the recall (that happened right when he went over there), then the out of stock... it was a close call !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #32
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Soooo....are you at the airport waiting for it to come it?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #33
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Soon Zelda will have 1300? Congratulations on you new red baby!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Darn, sorry I was late to this thread, but glad it worked out! I was just at the Adorama store 2 days ago--live around the corner, and bought the 505 light cover their, for a gift. (Got the last one.) Bought a 505 at the Datavis store on 5th Ave last year. Often go to J&R and know they have Readers. And just bought my 300 at the SonyStyle store. But... haven't been to B&H. So maybe I wouldn't have been that much help anyway. (You really called all those stores from France? )
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Soooo....are you at the airport waiting for it to come it?
heh, i might have been had i 1. had even the vaguest idea what time that flight gets in, and 2. not spent enough time in airports during my canadian world tour last october to last me the rest of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Soon Zelda will have 1300? Congratulations on you new red baby!
hm, "1300", i wonder if i should put *that* in my profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Darn, sorry I was late to this thread, but glad it worked out! I was just at the Adorama store 2 days ago--live around the corner, and bought the 505 light cover their, for a gift. (Got the last one.) Bought a 505 at the Datavis store on 5th Ave last year. Often go to J&R and know they have Readers. And just bought my 300 at the SonyStyle store. But... haven't been to B&H. So maybe I wouldn't have been that much help anyway. (You really called all those stores from France? )
thanks for the thought ! it all worked out all right, as you can see, but thanks for the further suggestions (you never know if they might help someone else ).

yes, i really called those stores from france, but it's not such a big deal, i have free telephone (including international calls) via my ISP.
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #36
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
LOL, I was just in NYC on Saturday I didn't see any when I was there though. I hope you love it!!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
LOL, I was just in NYC on Saturday I didn't see any when I was there though.
because they were sold out everywhere but b&h !!

Quote:
I hope you love it!!!!
thank you ! i am quite sure i will. after all, i already love my 700, and this one is like that, but better.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #38
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
because they were sold out everywhere but b&h !!
Well it would have been pretty amazing if I had seen them, unless bars and the Met started stocking them

Your friend is lucky. If he's a camera geek, he probably LOVED B&H. That place is insane.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Well it would have been pretty amazing if I had seen them, unless bars and the Met started stocking them

Quote:
Your friend is lucky. If he's a camera geek, he probably LOVED B&H. That place is insane.
well... i don't know if he really had time to enjoy it, he had to go to the airport to catch his plane... i'm just so happy he had time to get there !!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #40
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
How exciting...*rub hands gleefully together*...new toy, new toy!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
How exciting...*rub hands gleefully together*...new toy, new toy!
yep, that's exactly how i feel ! (still rubbing my hands gleefully in anticipation though, i haven't yet managed to get them on the 600 !!)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #42
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I finally received notification that Sony has shipped my 600 and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. It's been so long since I ordered it that I had almost given up hope but what's worse, I still haven't told the hubby yet that I even ordered it! Now I guess I'm going to have to 'fess up! Oh, well, at least I'll have a new 600 to play with when I'm in "time-out"!

Congrats, Zelda!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I finally received notification that Sony has shipped my 600 and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. It's been so long since I ordered it that I had almost given up hope but what's worse, I still haven't told the hubby yet that I even ordered it! Now I guess I'm going to have to 'fess up! Oh, well, at least I'll have a new 600 to play with when I'm in "time-out"!

Congrats, Zelda!!
congrats to you ! i can't wait to hear what you think of it. so... what colour did you get ?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #44
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
congrats to you ! i can't wait to hear what you think of it. so... what colour did you get ?
I ordered black. I was afraid the silver would be reflective and the red would clash with my fushia M-edge cover. The salesman at the Sony store here in Northern Virginia told me that they had plenty of silver 600s but no black or red and the silver have not been on back-order like the other colors at the Sony store.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

i've got either a red one or a black one, i hope ! i'm not a fan of silver, i'd also worry it would be reflective and plus the darker border by an optical illusion makes the screen look brighter. i'm hoping for red, to distinguish it from my 700. it seems the silver is less popular overall or else sony made a LOT more of them, they seem to be the easiest to find everywhere !