Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Hello everyone!

I see around there are many people from USA...maybe I'm the first italian to join mobileread... ;-)

I am lately looking around e-books because I am planning to buy one...just here because I find extremely good place to read impressions and change opinions between various ebooks.. :-)

Actually looks like from specs I find interesting the Astak Mentor one... also because I'm not such a wide-budget man when having lot more important expenses around but I realize having an e-Book today is very useful and very ecological! :-)

Ciao a tutti!
Luigi
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ciao luigino !
benvenuto to mobileread. you can definitely find lots of information about different readers here. look in the wiki for some details and comparisons (link at the top left of the page). and if you have any specific questions, probably someone here will have an answer...

when you get your reader, look at the ebook upload section for a lot of free books as well !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hello, Luigino, and welcome to MR. Please look around and ask. People are usually willing to help with any questions. Uh, but I also wanted to say that people don't usually answer the door quite like ZP did (hint: Zelda, put some clothes on, will ya?). Sorry. It's an aberration, I assure you.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Luigi and welcome to the Forum.

Zelda you're fine! Don't be listening to vivaldirules.

Last edited by MickeyC; 05-07-2008 at 12:41 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks to all... actually in fact I'm very interested on new Astak's Mentor product and I'm monitoring the thread... ;-)
An alternative are PRS-505 (when will cut down the price) or Nextronix EB100... (for me is enough to have SD support since I can upload there the books and read...)
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
actually in fact I'm very interested on new Astak's Mentor product and I'm monitoring the thread... ;-)
you're not the only one...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
[Zelda! A towel, please, huh? Sheesh. And right here in front of paying customers. Well, I guess we'll never see him again. Come on, take it to The Lounge.]
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
[Zelda! A towel, please, huh? Sheesh. And right here in front of paying customers. Well, I guess we'll never see him again. Come on, take it to The Lounge.]
paying customers ? vr, what have we told you about racketing the n00bs ?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Saluti da Canada!

I don't know who the first italian to join was, but you're not alone here!

It has been said that Toronto and vicinity is home to the most italian descendants outside of Italy. That's where I was born and raised.

By the way, the 'text' smilies can be replaced with the 'icon' ones. When composing your reply, just position your cursor and tap any of the ones on the right or click the [More] at the bottom there and select from all smilies available!

Welcome aboard!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
Luigino
Groupie

ciao Nick.... lemme guess rapallo in your nick maybe is your "italian" last name?...

Anyway I figured out how much italians are present in canada when I visited Windsor and I saw there places and streets that have italian name like "Piazza Udine"! :-D

Zelda, maybe me and you could be the two first euopeans who will buy the Astak Mentor if it will be put in market with prices and with those improvements we suggested during the thread like rechargeable battery and so on... ;-)

Ciao!
Luigi
Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Zelda, maybe me and you could be the two first euopeans who will buy the Astak Mentor if it will be put in market with prices and with those improvements we suggested during the thread like rechargeable battery and so on... ;-)

Ciao!
Luigi
fingers crossed !
Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #12
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ciao Nick.... lemme guess rapallo in your nick maybe is your "italian" last name?...
Exactly.... Even though Rapallo is a nice seaside resort town beside Genova/Portofino in Northern Italy, my parents emigrated from Sicily.

Quote:
Anyway I figured out how much italians are present in canada when I visited Windsor and I saw there places and streets that have italian name like "Piazza Udine"! :-D
There are many cities in the Province of Ontario (Canada) and New York State (USA) that have many Italian influences. And not just bad ones!

Quote:

Ciao!
Luigi
Ciao!
Nicola (his friends call him Nick)
Old 05-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
Luigino
Groupie

Zelda,

maybe when arrived let's make cin-cin with some champagne for new ecological instrument arrived, even if you have already the EB1150! :-D

Nicola, I wish I could come in Canada again to visit at least a big town like toronto, but pple told me visiting Québec would be more awesome... :-D But since flight is already expensive so you bet about the whole journey (except going by tent in camping around.. :-D)

Ciao!
Luigi
Old 05-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

you do cin-cin, i have to do tchin-tchin, because i don't speak italien !

i'm always ready for champagne...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #15
nrapallo

Quote:
Nicola, I wish I could come in Canada again to visit at least a big town like toronto, but pple told me visiting Québec would be more awesome... But since flight is already expensive so you bet about the whole journey (except going by tent in camping around.. )

Ciao!
Luigi
The big cities here are much the same as those in Italy, like Rome, Milan, and even Palermo. It is outside the city core (downtown) that most live and these "suburbs" are more 'comfortable' to live in than the downtown core.

Quebec has more European flair... Ontario is more reserved/British-like.

And then you have "Little Italy" on College Street in Toronto where a half-century's old italian dialect can still be heard in everyday life...

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-07-2008 at 11:14 PM.