Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #61
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Freakonomics (sp?), The Tipping Point & Blink might be worth a look if nothing else shows up...
Old 12-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #62
georgejoskin
book worm
georgejoskin began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
work tonight

I tried the code last night and it didn't work, but i tried again today and got $50 credit, i think there must be a limited amount each day so if you havent got it yet try again, as for the moral issue it is a promotional thing and sony are happy to give it to any one who claims it, it is just a stunt to add new users to the site it doesn't cost sony $50 as they earn a healthy profit on each ebook, and they hope once people use up there credit they will buy more!
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 07:41 PM   #63
allen.gotwald
Advocate
allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: SONY PRS-505 and Nook Color
All. I bought my reader from Borders 8 weeks back and was told there was a coupon for free books when I registered but it never showed up. I noted the comment regarding "theft". Not if you bought it from Borders! The SONY registration site requires the purchaser to note where it was purchased. It isn't rocket science to note the date of the registration and the location where it was purchased to ascertain qualification for the coupon.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:08 PM   #64
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
Hi Everyone,
I'm from London, England, i registered my reader in june 07 and the code worked for me first time

Thankyou Mobileread

Spent in 10 Mins had 4 books there i had on my list.

I wouldn't say it's theft but i feel some mistake has been made by sony & because alot of people are on holiday they havn't noticed yet that it's been posted. I can't see them giveing away that many books. That's alot of money to lose.

Last edited by andyafro; 12-31-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #65
JohnsnowNW
JohnsnowNW began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Well, that just made my day.
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #66
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
This is the coupon cops; come out with your hands up.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #67
jyakubik
blackbird
jyakubik began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T3, PRS-505
Just bought my first 505 yesterday from Borders to take advantage of the $50 free offer. To my disappointment, I setup my new reader and entered the code and was told that the promotion was over its quantity of usable allowances. I have emailed SONY to force the issue. I pulled in some of the free classics to pacify my angst. Looking forward to the new foray in ereading, but rather banged-up about the promotion issue.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #68
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
I have one of the early 500s and it does not work for me either yesterday or today.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #69
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
So I used the code and got the credit.... but I looked for a good 30 minutes and couldnt find a single thing to buy

This will probably go to waste just like the 100 free classic ebooks (which I lost in a reformat and cant redownload, so double waste right there.)

Sigh.
If you can't find *any* books to buy on the entire Sony Connect site, then why do you even have a Reader? Seriously, there is a huge variety of new and classic books there in all sorts of categories.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #70
georgejoskin
book worm
georgejoskin began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
If you can't find *any* books to buy on the entire Sony Connect site, then why do you even have a Reader? Seriously, there is a huge variety of new and classic books there in all sorts of categories.
i agree there are books to suit all styles and tastes.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #71
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
I have one of the early 500s and it does not work for me either yesterday or today.
It stopped working last night around 9PM EST according to Fatwallet posts. It may come back up in the future. Who knows
Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #72
ejereader
ejereader began at the beginning.

Device: 505
This must have been shut down - it does not work at this time
Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #73
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejereader View Post
This must have been shut down - it does not work at this time
I hope someone tells the guy on ebay who is selling a code for $50 worth of books for the Sony reader for $24.99.
Kathy
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #74
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
I hope someone tells the guy on ebay who is selling a code for $50 worth of books for the Sony reader for $24.99.
Kathy
Seriously?
Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #75
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Im not sure if were looking at the same store or not. Im not really into most of whats on the "Best Seller" list - stuff that will be in the dollar bins around the world within the next few months - and their graphic novel and technical books sections are laughably empty and/or out of date. Yeah I know it would be free, but its still not all that interesting.

FYI Im about 1/3 of the way through the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus from this site. I like victorian literature, most of which can be obtained freely. Probably why none of the Sony store stuff appeals to me.
Closed Thread