Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #46
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I was in Best Buy last night & next to the T1 was a sign, "New e-reader coming." I don't know if it was specifically meant for the T1 or just happened to be placed there & meant there were new e-readers coming in general. Has me curious now & I couldn't get a salesperson to ask.
It's just a filler sign so the display doesn't look totally empty. I've seen that same sign at Best Buy months ago in Amherst, NY. Something is coming but they don't know what, when or who.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #47
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
No they had a T1 on display & 2 T1s in a locked box beside it. So it wasn't a filler.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #48
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't have to be a filler for the T1. It's just something to fill an empty spot. It doesn't matter what brand is going in there.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #49
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Possibly the result of not refreshing displays much - p'rps it's been there since the end of the 3 & 650's !!
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Possibly the result of not refreshing displays much - p'rps it's been there since the end of the 3 & 650's !!
No it's new. Of course it could be for another e-reader, but it is odd it is right next to the T1. I have never seen one at Best Buy before & I do frequent the store.
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #51
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
No it's new. Of course it could be for another e-reader, but it is odd it is right next to the T1. I have never seen one at Best Buy before & I do frequent the store.
I asked both of my kids, who've worked at Best Buy in the past. One in Appliances and one in the Computer department.

Both agreed that it's just a placeholder sign.

Son said Best Buy was pretty notorious for not knowing that they'd be selling on any given day, depending on when the trucks came in and what was on it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #52
Pomtroll
Guru

Thanks. BUMMER! But I should have figured that. They have never gone out of their way to promote Sony readers in my local Best Buy.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #53
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
So...

Do you think will be new Ereader Sony soon?, or this is just a false alarm.

;-)
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #54
Pomtroll
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
So...

Do you think will be new Ereader Sony soon?, or this is just a false alarm.

;-)

I don't know. Sony usually releases new ones in the Fall but I don't know where they are going to go with a new one. All that seems to be new is the glow light with Nook. Don't know if Sony will venture that way again. Of course there is always room for improvement with the ones already released.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #55
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Okay .... back to dictionary requests Mr Sony .....

The Macquarie Dictionary of Australian English.

Yes - we have our own official dictionary here because we speak and write our own version of English!!! (As if you hadn't heard or noticed, lol)

And we get insulted when they try to push UK or US English on us .... so there

Okay Canadians .... you must have your own Canadian English Dictionary as well, eh?

(BTW. I'm not joking re the Macquarie Dictionary - it's our official dictionary)

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 06-26-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #56
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Okay .... back to dictionary requests Mr Sony .....

The Macquarie Dictionary of Australian English.

Yes - we have our own official dictionary here because we speak and write our own version of English!!! (As if you hadn't heard or noticed, lol)

And we get insulted when they try to push UK or US English on us .... so there

Okay Canadians .... you must have your own Canadian English Dictionary as well, eh?

(BTW. I'm not joking re the Macquarie Dictionary - it's our official dictionary)
Of course we do! We have the Canadian Oxford Dictionary where you can look up Canadianisms such as "poutine", loonie, toonie, tuque, chinook and of course the ever present "eh"...
Check out this Web dictionary of Canadianisms: (you wouldn't believe how any meanings "eh" has!)
http://www.webcreationsbyjumpy.com/c...adianeh/eh.htm
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #57
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Mmm...poutine.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #58
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Of course we do! We have the Canadian Oxford Dictionary where you can look up Canadianisms such as "poutine", loonie, toonie, tuque, chinook and of course the ever present "eh"...
Check out this Web dictionary of Canadianisms: (you wouldn't believe how any meanings "eh" has!)
http://www.webcreationsbyjumpy.com/c...adianeh/eh.htm
eh? Are Canadians related to Kiwis, eh?
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #59
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Stopped into my local 'The Source' store today [Canada], they have a Sony 350 on 'clearance' for $130 IFIC. I was so shocked to see that there, yet no T1's in stock. And their website shows only the T1's for $150.

But it's been bugging me, wondering should I have bought it? I just got my T1 thru a friend in US at Target for $79. But don't lots of Sony people find the 350 incomparable? I just walked out sort of scratching my head...
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #60
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Stopped into my local 'The Source' store today [Canada], they have a Sony 350 on 'clearance' for $130 IFIC. I was so shocked to see that there, yet no T1's in stock. And their website shows only the T1's for $150.

But it's been bugging me, wondering should I have bought it? I just got my T1 thru a friend in US at Target for $79. But don't lots of Sony people find the 350 incomparable? I just walked out sort of scratching my head...

No you made the best decision by walking out of the store & keeping your money in your wallet! $130 for a 2 year old model is outrageous! This is precisely why I HATE buying things in Canada. It's obscene & I will not give these clowns my money! $130!! ffft