Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #46
earlycj5
earlycj5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I've a gallery on Deviant Art of three of my photos that are suitable for use as standby wallpapers:

http://earlycj5.deviantart.com/gallery/28122762
earlycj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #47
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I struggle and am marvelled by the size of space. I've always found it fascinating, even before I managed to get some small grip on just how massive it is.

I always find images of space interesting, so I thought I'd make one as a screen saver for my Reader.

This is of M31, which of course is the Andromeda Galaxy, our neighbour. I did a quick calculation and driving at 70 miles per hour - in other words a British motorway, it would only take 23930665362035 days to get there. The M31 motorway (all UK motorways are designated by M and then a number) was never actually built. I'm glad of that as it would have taken more cats eyes than there are cats to supply them.

Let me know if you like it, I've only just made it myself, and if you like it and I like it then I may make more!

Edit : It looks terrible in the thumbnail. A lot of detail is removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andromeda.png
Views:	527
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	64972  
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #48
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Marvel Comic themed wallpapers for Sony Reader & Kindle

Thanks to everyone here who posted links to wallpapers! I love the fall or nature themed ones as well as the ones featuring books.

Because I am a geek I wanted some comic book themed wallpapers. I wrote a small article on my blog, Giant-Size Geek: Marvel Comics Wallpapers for the Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle.

You can view my entire set on Flickr.
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #49
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I had more than one person ask me if my reader was my phone (!!) over the holidays so I thought it would be amusing make a screen saver that looks like a big Droid screen with those flipping numbers... which would be right twice a day, I guess! But I'm too lazy to actually do it.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #50
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
You can find many interesting wallpapers searching with Google Images.
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #51
moriarty
moriarty began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
Thanks to everyone here who posted links to wallpapers! I love the fall or nature themed ones as well as the ones featuring books.

Because I am a geek I wanted some comic book themed wallpapers. I wrote a small article on my blog, Giant-Size Geek: Marvel Comics Wallpapers for the Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle.

You can view my entire set on Flickr.
i signed up just to tell you how awesome these comic wallpapers are. i grabbed a bunch of 'em for my reader, and will probably make some of my own when i have more time. thanks!
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #52
Chris H
Chris H began at the beginning.

I have added a few images that can be used to here http://picasaweb.google.com/whimsicalchris/EReader#

If anyone likes them, let me know and I can add some more :-)

Cheers
Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #53
JLYates
Connoisseur
JLYates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900BC
How do you put one on using Calibre? I saw the post of how to do it with the Sony, but I deleted the Sony Reader Library and installed Calibre (have the sony 900). I didn't even know you could do this, I would love to find a picture of grandkids and have them up.
JLYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #54
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLYates View Post
How do you put one on using Calibre?
There's no need to use Calbre. When you connect the device to your PC you can access it like a harddrive from Windows and simply copy the images over to the same directory where you find the samples.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #55
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
More specifically, you drag and drop the kids' pics to the "Images" file on your reader.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #56
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
But I think after that you still need to go into the Reader options and check those pictures, or they won't show up as screen savers.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #57
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

I use John Tenniel's illustrations for Alice in Wonderland plus a selection of M C Escher's work (and a couple of other bits and bobs).

Tenniel and Escher work extremely well on the 650's screen.
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #58
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidibulle View Post
I'm using that one: It was given by someone else on the mobileread forum (thanks a lot, whoever you are) but I can't retrieve the thread.
Likewise, on my Sony PRS-650, with Show message turned off:
HOME -> Settings -> System Management -> Standby Screen -> Show message -> Off -> OK
In case anyone is interested ... Sony PRS-650 Folder/file storage structure hierarchy

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #59
Cliffdweller
Cliffdweller doesn't litterCliffdweller doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950
PRS-950 Audubon Screen Theme

Here's a selection of vintage Audubon bird pictures that make nice screens for the Sony PRS-950.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aud_bluj.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	66028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Partridge.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	66029   Click image for larger version

Name:	roseatetern.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	66030   Click image for larger version

Name:	GreatBlueHeron.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	66031   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrigateAudubon.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	66032  
Cliffdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #60
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Those are very nice, thanks!
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote