Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 03:29 AM   #31
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Forget about the software - try this with your 650 not connected to your computer!

1) At main menu, touch Applications - at the top of the screen you'll see Pictures

2) Click "see all" (pictures)

3) Now, hit the Options button on your device, a list will appear

4) touch "select standby screen"

5) touch the image you want for your wallpaper - a check mark should appear in the associated box by that picture.

6) IMPORTANT: touch "done" in the upper right corner to finalize that selection.

Your desired image should now be your wallpaper for standby mode!

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 11-11-2010 at 03:37 AM.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #32
mrtibbs
E-book Genius
mrtibbs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 950
I wonder if anyone is gonna make a 950 Standby Wallpaper Link...I would like some optimized for mine
mrtibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #33
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Forget about the software - try this with your 650 not connected to your computer!

1) At main menu, touch Applications - at the top of the screen you'll see Pictures

2) Click "see all" (pictures)

3) Now, hit the Options button on your device, a list will appear

4) touch "select standby screen"

5) touch the image you want for your wallpaper - a check mark should appear in the associated box by that picture.

6) IMPORTANT: touch "done" in the upper right corner to finalize that selection.

Your desired image should now be your wallpaper for standby mode!
Thanks, that's most helpful. I think I've made it work now.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #34
gbloom182
gbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enough

Device: kobo
Hi! I just picked up my Sony 650 yesterday. Here's a wallpaper I designed for it that you guys might like?

gbloom182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #35
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Welcome, gbloom 182 - what an interesting picture!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
gbloom182
gbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enoughgbloom182 will become famous soon enough

Device: kobo
and one more for all the hitchhiking fans. :P
gbloom182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #37
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I just got my 650 but had s
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #38
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I just got my 650 but had some pictures already. I use family pictures featuring my three boys. With a 9 month old in the house and two big brothers to dote on him, how can I not. I resized mine but did not convert to greyscale and they look fine on the reader.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #39
Bidibulle
Enthusiast
Bidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara Hd
I'm using that one: It was given by someone else on the mobileread forum (thanks a lot, whoever you are) but I can't retrieve the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebook_wallpaper.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	63968  
Bidibulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #40
ritoroy
Enthusiast
ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.

Device: Sony Reader
PRS-950 Wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtibbs View Post
I wonder if anyone is gonna make a 950 Standby Wallpaper Link...I would like some optimized for mine
I have created the attached standby wallpaper of M C Escher's "Hand with Reflecting Sphere" for the PRS-950, since 600 x 1024 pictures are less easy to come by. The silver shades in the picture complement the Sony Daily Edition's bezel very well.

Photoshop experts may customize the wallpaper with their own portrait reflected on the sphere!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	escher-sphere.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	64398  
ritoroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #41
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
This is what I use. Just guess who's who
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bookcover.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	64402  
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #42
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Here's a few I've been using on my 350 ( same 600x800 image size as 650) :-

Couple of abstract... and a nice ladies' tattooed back
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	swirl_R.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	64414   Click image for larger version

Name:	swirl2_R.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	64415   Click image for larger version

Name:	hot_tattoo_designs_for_women.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	64416  
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #43
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
There's only a few but I made some a while back and put them in a flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacreds...7624441982800/
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #44
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbloom182 View Post
Hi! I just picked up my Sony 650 yesterday. Here's a wallpaper I designed for it that you guys might like?
Very nice....here it is with a black background, trimmed a little.

Name:	ebookcover1.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	64469

And, a few more, although not as original.

Name:	Zepplin IVbw.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	64466

Name:	Zepplin IV neg+bw.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	64467

Name:	Zepplin IV neg ++bw.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	64468
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #45
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
I am currently using this one:

It always reminds me of how pleasurable and magical reading still is for me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Almada Negreiros.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	64470  

Last edited by Salgueiros; 01-09-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote