Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
rudolf
Photographer & Author
rudolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb Books for Photographers - but not guides!

Hi everyone,
Some time ago I started searching for books on photography. No guides, no HowTos, no photo-books (ebook readers are still mostly b&w, so you cannot fully appreciate quality of photographs).

I wanted to gather ebooks which boost passion and gives great amount of inspiration.

I created a list on Amazon.com, but have only 10 positions: could you suggest some additional?
rudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
this might not be what you're looking for and I haven't listened to it for awhile, but I find Jeff Curtos Camera Position podcast fits your description, give it a try http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/j...on/id121834929
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
You've got some good ones from Sontag and Jensen. I'd add Phillip Grosse's "Tao of Photography." Freeman Patterson also has a few nice texts along these lines (The Art of Seeing).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #4
rudolf
Photographer & Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
You've got some good ones from Sontag and Jensen. I'd add Phillip Grosse's "Tao of Photography." Freeman Patterson also has a few nice texts along these lines (The Art of Seeing).
Could you please share a links to these books in Kindle store? I cannot find them...
Old 12-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Grosse's book appears to be available for Kindle preorder -- http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Photograph...4485035&sr=1-1

Patterson does not appear to have made the transition to e-books at all yet -- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_tc_2_..._id=B000APT9OI
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
rudolf
Photographer & Author

Tao of Photography: "This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on December 26, 2012."

Wow. Quite long.
Unfortunately, I cannot add items in preorder to my list :/