Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #451
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
A new thread for JB-PW2 apps, tips, fixes, add-ons, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No, Yes.

Your questions are not related to this thread's topic.

Please start a new thread for new topics, or at least use the appropriate existing thread.
Is there anyone willing to start it? I would volunteer, but I'm sure there are more qualified contributors than me. I'm eager to post what I've found so far and see what else has turned up!
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #452
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Just use the pw2 prefix tag and a single subject (topic) line.

Let the prefix filter group them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #453
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
Sorry for my ignorance, will it affect the warranty? Is it easy to roll back (I'm talking about the PW2)?
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #454
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, will it affect the warranty? Is it easy to roll back (I'm talking about the PW2)?
Technically yes but there's a uninstall.bin, provided and anyway I believe that Amazon doesn't bother to check returned devices
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #455
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
On warranty exchanges,
Amazon ships your new one before you return your present one.

And most likely, when they do get your present one, it goes directly into the refurbish bin.

Manpower is too expensive and the Kindles are too cheap to afford inspecting returns.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #456
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Does this work with the 2nd Gen Paperwhite?

Can't be that easy as download, unzip, run...
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #457
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
From the 1st post on the thread:

Quote:
New delivery method, PW2 support!

INSTALL:

Download the attached kindle-jailbreak-1.8.N.zip file, and unpack it. In here, you'll find a few files.
Unzip the contents of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory of your Kindle.

Now, eject your Kindle, and go to [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle. The updater won't actually ever run, this is normal. After a few seconds, the words **** JAILBREAK **** will appear at the bottom of your screen to confirm that the device is jailbroken .

And that's it, your Kindle is now ready to install custom hacks!
So erm yeah, it's that easy and works on the PW2
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #458
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Wow that was easy. I haven't Jailbroken a Kindle since the Kindle 1. Now off to find out what I can do with it.... lol
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #459
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Updated packages. Now works on the PW2 3G EU (thanks to tuzhif for making us aware of that fact on irc ).

I also updated the doc to ask for feedback in case this happens again (which it will, we're missing some 3G models from around the world right now ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #460
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@kaznelson: Please check if the new USBnet snapshots behave any better .
Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #461
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
NiLuJe
New USBnet snapshot:
- Error "N E failed to set usb0 to ip, this is bad" are not present now.
- After the message "N stopping sshd" PW2 is connected as a disk.

Thanks!
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #462
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Fantastic!

(That comment wasn't completely inspired from the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special. Nope. Not at all. ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-23-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #463
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On warranty exchanges,
Amazon ships your new one before you return your present one.

And most likely, when they do get your present one, it goes directly into the refurbish bin.

Manpower is too expensive and the Kindles are too cheap to afford inspecting returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Technically yes but there's a uninstall.bin, provided and anyway I believe that Amazon doesn't bother to check returned devices
Thanks
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:41 AM   #464
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Updated packages. Now works on the PW2 3G EU (thanks to tuzhif for making us aware of that fact on irc ).
You guys rock.

I'm waiting patiently for PW2 Japanese wi-fi model
If there is any information I can provide to make this happen, please let me know
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #465
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
You guys rock.

I'm waiting patiently for PW2 Japanese wi-fi model
If there is any information I can provide to make this happen, please let me know
Well... post the first 4 characters of your device's serial number. If they're B05A, then I would assume that your device is already supported.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch