Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #151
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post

Some of the features they had in addition to the current Cool Reader features were:

- offline dictionary support
- note taking and highlighting
- export notes
these are key functions from my point of view.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #152
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Originally Posted by SlowRain
Some of the features they had in addition to the current Cool Reader features were:
- offline dictionary support

these are key functions from my point of view.
Offline dictionaries are already supported.
ColorDict and Fora Dictionary.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #153
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
New versions for Android, Win32 and Linux uploaded to SourceForge
Unable to download the APK from sourceforge. It gets around 200K and bails out. Tried from android and from a WinXP machine.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #154
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Unable to download the APK from sourceforge. It gets around 200K and bails out. Tried from android and from a WinXP machine.
SourceForge seems to be having some problems. I had the same problem and finally tried using Free Download Manager to get the APK. FDM has the capability to resume aborted downloads. I saw a bunch of messages in FDM about server disconnects when downloading the APK, but FDM was able to get it successfully by resuming after each server disconnect.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #155
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some problems on SourceForge file hosting.

mirror:
cr3-0-43-01.apk (1.7 МБ)
cr3-qt-win32-3.0.43.zip (5.5 МБ)

New feature in Win32 version: background images like in Android version

Last edited by Buggins; 01-31-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #156
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
SourceForge was hacked last week so I assume the problems are caused by that and their trying to clean things up.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #157
Buggins
Zealot

Version 3.0.43-4 is available on SourceForge.

Advanced bookmarks are implemented.
Very useful for proofreading.

To add selection bookmark:
- select text range
- press add bookmark button on selection toolbar
Create bookmark dialog appears.
- select type of bookmark (comment or correction)
- for comment you may enter comment text
- for correction, edit text
- press Ok to save bookmark

List of bookmarks can be opened using menu/bookmarks.
Short press on bookmark - go to bookmark.
Long press - context menu: add / edit / goto / delete / export

Export function saves comment and correction bookmarks to text file, to the same directory original book is located in, with the name of original book, appended with ".bmk.txt"

Export file format is human readable and easy to understand.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #158
ssarmazi
ssarmazi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
best version for Android 1.5?

Hi Buggins,

I installed CoolReader on my black Pandigital Novel (running Android 1.5) and while the app opens books (epub format) and I can flip pages back-and-forth, quite often the app crashes when I click on 'Options' or 'Go To' or 'Bookmarks'. Every 5 or 6 times, I can actually get to the right screen ('Go To', for example, shows me 'Go to page #' or 'Go to position %'), but most often, it just crashes.

Is there a version that you can recommend which will run in v1.5? (I'm not sure what version I've installed - I downloaded from SourceForge a couple of weeks ago, but I can't seem to find a the version # within the app and I've deleted the original apk file.)

Thanks,

Last edited by ssarmazi; 01-31-2011 at 08:00 PM.
ssarmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #159
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssarmazi View Post
Hi Buggins,

I installed CoolReader on my black Pandigital Novel (running Android 1.5) and while the app opens books (epub format) and I can flip pages back-and-forth, quite often the app crashes when I click on 'Options' or 'Go To' or 'Bookmarks'. Every 5 or 6 times, I can actually get to the right screen ('Go To', for example, shows me 'Go to page #' or 'Go to position %'), but most often, it just crashes.

Is there a version that you can recommend which will run in v1.5? (I'm not sure what version I've installed - I downloaded from SourceForge a couple of weeks ago, but I can't seem to find a the version # within the app and I've deleted the original apk file.)

Thanks,
Most likely, it's known OutOfMemory error, occured when trying to allocate surface bitmap buffer for dialogs. It's reproduced on some devices (not only Android 1.5). It's occurs if where is SurfaceView widged present in activity window. This buffer is shared among applications, and it's size is limited (8Mb usually.

Only first versions of CoolReader (w/o page flipping animation) don't use SurfaceView, and hence don't have such bug.
I'm working on fix - to get dialogs working w/o window surface buffer, but not successful for now.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 AM   #160
Buggins
Zealot

3.0.43-4 is uploaded to Market
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #161
ssarmazi
ssarmazi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Most likely, it's known OutOfMemory error, occured when trying to allocate surface bitmap buffer for dialogs. It's reproduced on some devices (not only Android 1.5). It's occurs if where is SurfaceView widged present in activity window. This buffer is shared among applications, and it's size is limited (8Mb usually.

Only first versions of CoolReader (w/o page flipping animation) don't use SurfaceView, and hence don't have such bug.
I'm working on fix - to get dialogs working w/o window surface buffer, but not successful for now.
Thanks for the update. I'll keep watching your posts for new versions.
ssarmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #162
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Hi:

Thanks for this great reader app. Please, could you tell me how to add ofline dict(s). I have already installed colordict and 4 dictionaries, all runnig correctly. How can I lookup a word from coolreader?

Regards.

PD: Sorry if this topic is covered yet, I've searched the forum and could not find the answer to my question.
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #163
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksor View Post
Hi:

Thanks for this great reader app. Please, could you tell me how to add ofline dict(s). I have already installed colordict and 4 dictionaries, all runnig correctly. How can I lookup a word from coolreader?

Regards.

PD: Sorry if this topic is covered yet, I've searched the forum and could not find the answer to my question.
I hope you have enabled the setting to select text on double tap. (Defaultly, it is enabled.) So, just double tap the word. Three small buttons appear at bottom of screen. Click on "abc". It will open colordict with the word.

P.S. Default dictionary setting seems to be Fora dictionary. You have to change it to colordict.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #164
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
I have already installed colordict and 4 dictionaries, all runnig correctly. How can I lookup a word from coolreader?
In CoolReader's Options configurations select the dictionary that you have installed. Then whenever you select a word with a double tap in CoolReader a dialog will pop asking what you want to do with it. Select the a-z icon and your preselected dictionary will open with the word definition. You can also configure CoolReader to go directly to the dictionary instead of bringing up the dialog.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #165
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Hi:

Regards.

Thanks patilsaurabhr and Dave_S, I'm dreathfully sorry, it was my fault, I was using an outdated version, after installing the current version everything was ok and worked as you said.

A tip with Fora, if you can't install fora dictionary package (out of memory issue), add dictionaries to colordict and then import them to Fora. Every thing went smooth for me.

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader