Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
How to get the password for coolreader zip file

Hello,
I own an i86 e-ink reader which runs the android OS. I've been using coolreader on my phablet for so long that I really miss it on my i86. I noticed that there is already an e-ink-optimized coolreader app created by a developer called jotas. This is where he posts the link to the latest builds. For some weird reason, jotas presents his builds in encrypted zip files. The problem is he doesn't provide the password to the zip files. Instead, he gives hints so that people can guess the password. Unfortunately, everything is in spanish and it will be almost impossible for me to guess the password. But from the rough google translations, I can see that lots of people have already guessed it. So, I wonder if someone can help me get the password. This is the download link to the latest build.
Thanks.
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
The password is the name of the website: www.lectoreselectronicos.com
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Hmmm...jotas sounds like a jerk.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Agreeing if i have to play guessing games, I don't need that developer. My question would be what else has he encrypted in those files?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The password is the name of the website: www.lectoreselectronicos.com
Thanks !
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Agreeing if i have to play guessing games, I don't need that developer. My question would be what else has he encrypted in those files?
Nothing else aside of his modifications.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Nothing else aside of his modifications.
You know this how?
You could 100% guarantee what is in those files.
And what kind of modifications?
To me, if you aren't upfront with your customers, downloaders, whoever then why should I trust that person?
To me that is hiding something and if they are hiding one thing what else are they hiding?

That is just life in general.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)

Playing games like this isn't generally considered a good sign.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't automatically suspect a closed-source freeware modification, but with a clownish attitude like that, who knows?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:51 AM   #9
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If I were looking to flood the world with my malware, I'd make it as easy as possible to install.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
If I were looking to flood the world with my malware, I'd make it as easy as possible to install.
Ah but wouldn't a trogan horse work even better. It's free but you have to guess the password so you are even more likely to want to install it. And when you do you get a load of malware along with it. Human nature sometimes goes against logic.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #11
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Ah but wouldn't a trogan horse work even better. It's free but you have to guess the password so you are even more likely to want to install it. And when you do you get a load of malware along with it. Human nature sometimes goes against logic.
Set the password as 12. Many people would be unable to unlock the file if you named it "the password is 12". You'd be weeding out the lazy and the inattentive. You'd probably lose far more people than you'd gain by drawing in the curious.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #12
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
Hello,
I own an i86 e-ink reader which runs the android OS. I've been using coolreader on my phablet for so long that I really miss it on my i86. I noticed that there is already an e-ink-optimized coolreader app created by a developer called jotas. This is where he posts the link to the latest builds. For some weird reason, jotas presents his builds in encrypted zip files. The problem is he doesn't provide the password to the zip files. Instead, he gives hints so that people can guess the password. Unfortunately, everything is in spanish and it will be almost impossible for me to guess the password. But from the rough google translations, I can see that lots of people have already guessed it. So, I wonder if someone can help me get the password. This is the download link to the latest build.
Thanks.
Have you tried the origianl coolreader I am using it on my T68+ an android based eink reader and it works normally even detects my reader as eink so the eink options are enabled as well. You can try the latest version from here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...er3/cr3-3.1.2/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #13
SwitchStitch
SwitchStitch began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribdus View Post
Set the password as 12. Many people would be unable to unlock the file if you named it "the password is 12". You'd be weeding out the lazy and the https://skinnyexpress.com/phenq-review other phenq users are inattentive. You'd probably lose far more people than you'd gain by drawing in the curious.
Can anyone confirm if coolreader has malware or not.

Last edited by SwitchStitch; 05-26-2016 at 04:30 PM.
SwitchStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:25 PM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The original coolreader, no.

The modifications by "jotas", who knows?
I don't know that anyone has complained publicly about it, but it is closed-source modifications published by a developer who seems to be a bit of a jerk and a clown.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #15
smayonak
Enthusiast
smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox i86+
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The original coolreader, no.

The modifications by "jotas", who knows?
I don't know that anyone has complained publicly about it, but it is closed-source modifications published by a developer who seems to be a bit of a jerk and a clown.
I was using Google Translate to read through the Jotas's (Jack) thread. He freely provides the password to the archive, if you privately message him. He mentioned that a Russian hacker has stolen his e-ink optimized build and is redistributing it (probably with malware). He doesn't seem at all like a jerk judging from his forum posts. The opposite, in fact.
smayonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android 4, coolreader, onyx boox i86