Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
PRS-505 Date reset driving me nuts!

I'm using a SD card to put on about 10 news articles that I download from Calibre. Not only does the PRS-505 totally reboot itself when I try to get into a newspaper, such as BBC, but the date reverts back to an old date. The time is usually correct, but the date changes.

Almost everytime I turn on my unit I find that the date is incorrect. This is driving me nuts. I'm sure that if I don't put any newspapers or magazines on the unit that I won't have this problem, but one of the attractions of the PRS-505 is that I'm able to have it.

I've complained about this before here and the response I got was that it's a buffer overflow that even appeared on the PRS-500. So why hasn't this been fixed? I thought a patch was going to come out but we're still waiting. How frustrating. The Playstation 3 has gotten no less than 5 patches since I received it in December, but not one for the PRS-505. ARGH!
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
According to what has been said, use eBook Library to put your newspapers onto your 505 so the formatting will already be done. The problem seems to be related to the pagination done inside the reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
According to what has been said, use eBook Library to put your newspapers onto your 505 so the formatting will already be done. The problem seems to be related to the pagination done inside the reader.
Thank you! I'll give that a whirl.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote