Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #16
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
I've finally tracked down my battery drain to the presence of an SD card. With the SD card inserted I would get to <50% in one week with about 5 hours of reading. Removed the SD card, and now I'm back to a much more pleasant 90% remaining in the same time frame with the same amount of reading.

Funny thing is, I never actually put anything on the SD card, it was empty.
That is very much like my experience when I first got my Glo. 8-9 hours reading with a card inserted, 40+ hours with no card. For me it turned out to be a particular card that was the problem though, when I replaced it with a different card the problem didn't re-occur.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #17
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
That is very much like my experience when I first got my Glo. 8-9 hours reading with a card inserted, 40+ hours with no card. For me it turned out to be a particular card that was the problem though, when I replaced it with a different card the problem didn't re-occur.
I'm 99% sure it's the card. It wasn't working correctly in my phone so I stuck it in the Kobo. Unfortunately the phone software (Android 4.4.2) has masked the problems in the sense that people all over the net kept saying how KitKat broke SD card functionality and I have foolishly assumed that in my case KitKat was the thing to blame, not the SD card.

Oh well, the Kobo keeps the charge again and I'm happy
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #18
rothclan
rothclan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
I've finally tracked down my battery drain to the presence of an SD card.
I was trying different things, also the nightmode hack. Was ok, but I was dissapointed because of bad battery life. Removed everything -> battery life still bad. I forgot the damn SD card!

Thank you so much!
rothclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #19
smuf
smuf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you

I had no idea that the presence of an empty SD card could be the cause of battery drain on my Aura HD. But now that I removed it, the battery drain issue is gone.
smuf is offline   Reply With Quote