Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
How can I recognize the version of an Iliad?

I need to recognize an iLiad I found on Ebay is a 1st or 2nd version one.
On the site this model is listed:
iLiad ER 0100
Can this help me find out the version?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
The back of the device is different, it's the easiest way to recognize the version.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
OK, but I can't see the back of the device. The iLiad is in box, in the Netherlands and I live in Italy. And the owner doesn't have a version one iLiad to make comparison.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
mcking
mcking began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad / Dell Axim X51v
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I need to recognize an iLiad I found on Ebay is a 1st or 2nd version one.
On the site this model is listed:
iLiad ER 0100
Can this help me find out the version?
I'm not 100% sure but I have a 2nd generation device and that's a product type ER0140 device (found in settings) so I think ER0100 is a 1st generation device.

I'm correct, just found this thread: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.p...ghlight=er0140

Regards,

Erwin

Last edited by mcking; 12-29-2007 at 09:39 AM.
mcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Didn't iRex square off the top of the device for the second version? Or did I imagine that?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
iLiad v2 has got a printed "@" on the top right button [the IDS button], v1 doesn't have this.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
nekokami,

They changed the back and added internal supports to the case, but as far as I know the top is still the same. I don't think the v2 is squared off. From the front I think they're identical except for the graphic on the connect button as yokos mentioned.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote