Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #61
southcot
southcot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Just go to preferences toolbars and make sure you add the icon to the toolbar for when a device is connected, using the dropdown on the top right. There are different toolbars for whether a device is or is not connected.
Perfect thanks.

Last edited by southcot; 05-27-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: add rating?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #62
southcot

Default Sync

I was hoping that I could add a default action to automatically sync as I keep my Calibre and Kindle synced exactly. Is this something I can do? If not is it a feature you might consider adding.

In other words every time I connect my Kindle I would want the Calibre Library and Kindle Library to sync in their entirety.
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #63
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by southcot View Post
In other words every time I connect my Kindle I would want the Calibre Library and Kindle Library to sync in their entirety.
This is currently outside the scope of the Book Sync plugin. Doing a complete sync is likely to be non-trivial issue. I am hoping that it is something that might get added to the core Calibre capability at some future point.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #64
southcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I am hoping that it is something that might get added to the core Calibre capability at some future point.
OK, thanks for the response. I'll live in hope
Old 05-29-2011, 02:18 AM   #65
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Is it possible to add the feature similar to the reading list plugin, to add tag when adding to this sync list?
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #66
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.3.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add option to automatically recreate collections after syncing to a Kindle (if meme's plugin installed)
  • Remove the separate dialog for viewing a sync list, display in the library view instead.

The Kindle Collections feature came from a request on meme's Kindle Collections thread. It allows Kindle owners who have both this plugin and meme's plugin installed to automatically have their Kindle Collections recreated immediately after the Book Sync plugin does a sync to their Kindle. See the first post on this thread for more information on how to configure this.

The second change is also fairly significant. I have removed the separate popup dialog for viewing the contents of your sync list. Instead you can just view the books in your library view instead (in a similar fashion to how the Reading List plugin works).

Note that I have bumped up the dependency of Calibre to v0.8.2. Strictly speaking it wasn't really necessary, but it was safer to keep in sync with the latest release of the Kindle Collections plugin for first time users wanting to take advantage of both.

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-04-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #67
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Thank you - this is fabulous!

/off to update...

Perfect, perfect, perfect - PayPal & karma heading your way...thanks

Last edited by tlrowley; 06-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #68
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Add option to automatically recreate collections after syncing to a Kindle (if meme's plugin installed)
  • Remove the separate dialog for viewing a sync list, display in the library view instead.

The Kindle Collections feature came from a request on meme's Kindle Collections thread. It allows Kindle owners who have both this plugin and meme's plugin installed to automatically have their Kindle Collections recreated immediately after the Book Sync plugin does a sync to their Kindle. See the first post on this thread for more information on how to configure this.
Well holy cow! You don't waste time, do you?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #69
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Well holy cow! You don't waste time, do you?
Well, with your name on the request and being so generous to me with a donation I could hardly ignore it... what can I say, I can be bought...
Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #70
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Well, with your name on the request and being so generous to me with a donation I could hardly ignore it... what can I say, I can be bought...
That's good to know! I try to keep an updated list of people who can be bought.

My first thought was to make a comment about how you're spending a Saturday night, but then I realized that I'll be spending my Saturday night playing with your plugins so I guess I should keep my mouth shut.

In all seriousness, though, you work miracles with your plugins and I am grateful for the work that you do.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #71
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Changes in this release:

WOW, I think I am in love!!!!! JK

Thank you, you have reduced one more step.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:46 AM   #72
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Add option to automatically recreate collections after syncing to a Kindle (if meme's plugin installed)
Thanks for the update! Its great seeing how flexible Kovid made the whole plugin infrastructure - even plugins calling plugins
Old 06-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #73
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Exclamation

Unable to add books to Sync List. Right clicking on a book or clicking on the Book Sync button shows only Sync Now grayed out and Customize Plugin.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #74
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr276 View Post
Unable to add books to Sync List. Right clicking on a book or clicking on the Book Sync button shows only Sync Now grayed out and Customize Plugin.
Are you a first time user? You have to have setup a device using the customise plugin option before you are able to add to a list. See the instructions on the first post. Sync now will only be enabled if a device it knows about is connected.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #75
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Are you a first time user? You have to have setup a device using the customise plugin option before you are able to add to a list. See the instructions on the first post. Sync now will only be enabled if a device it knows about is connected.
I know that I can't Sync Now without connecting my Kindle, but I can't add books to the Sync List like I was able to before.
Closed Thread