Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I think it's quite the opposite nookie is really the full fledged OS where the nook is the crippled software. The problem is nookie is just not ready for prime time but once it is it will be the better choice of the two.

=X=
True - that may be something I might consider too! If I could have a really slick "Froyo" OS, I could always download the nook app for reading...

If I get up the nerve to even root that is! lol

Stay tuned... I am determined to do SOMETHING tonight! Will probably be here begging for help! Thanks for all the help guys!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Ok! So I did it! YAY me! Actually, I have to give credit to this youtube video for giving me the courage to try it lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoHALWvPts

The only thing is that my nook booted up on its own rather then waiting for me to turn it back on, but it seems to have worked. Now I am playing around with some games in the nook market... just downloaded a couple freebies to give it a try. Now the problem is, I can't find where it put them. I thought it would be in extras, but I can't find them there. When I do a search for "solitare" it shows it as being in extras, but the only way I can find it to play it is to do a search for it... Hmmmm

Anyone know what is up?

Edited to add - Nevermind - I shut it down and rebooted it and there they are... Now I need to decide how to set it up with different pages like scion has on hers.

Last edited by jenniren; 01-21-2011 at 08:33 PM.
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I think it's quite the opposite nookie is really the full fledged OS where the nook is the crippled software. The problem is nookie is just not ready for prime time but once it is it will be the better choice of the two.
Heh I dont dispute that. The reason I suggested the autonooter is precisely because froyo is not ready for prime time. Give it another month and it probably will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Ok! So I did it! YAY me! Actually, I have to give credit to this youtube video for giving me the courage to try it lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoHALWvPts

The only thing is that my nook booted up on its own rather then waiting for me to turn it back on, but it seems to have worked. Now I am playing around with some games in the nook market... just downloaded a couple freebies to give it a try. Now the problem is, I can't find where it put them. I thought it would be in extras, but I can't find them there. When I do a search for "solitare" it shows it as being in extras, but the only way I can find it to play it is to do a search for it... Hmmmm

Anyone know what is up?

Edited to add - Nevermind - I shut it down and rebooted it and there they are... Now I need to decide how to set it up with different pages like scion has on hers.
Congrats! Install Zeam or LauncherPro as your new home screen and then you wont have to go into extras
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote