Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #5941
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
OK;
Dublin
Singapore
Salt Lake City!

I admit I had to go back to the source for the last two.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #5942
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well Stitchawl obviously has this one sown up (no pun intended), so I'm not going to bother guessing. Nothing to do with the fact that I haven't a clue what the link is .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #5943
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well Stitchawl obviously has this one sown up (no pun intended), so I'm not going to bother guessing. Nothing to do with the fact that I haven't a clue what the link is .
Yes... it seems I do!! But I'll wait for the official announcement. In the meantime, I'll give you a clue... How long would it take you to visit these places?

Stitchawl
Old 03-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #5944
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I think I just twigged

Unfortunately, I can't recall any more cities, and I don't have the source to hand

Nice question!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #5945
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The clue has led me to try to check the timings using Google Earth, and I'm about ready to throw the computer out the window, it's so frustrating. It keeps telling me it doesn't understand my search .
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #5946
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The clue has led me to try to check the timings using Google Earth, and I'm about ready to throw the computer out the window, it's so frustrating. It keeps telling me it doesn't understand my search .
If I'm correct, it would take just under eleven and a half weeks
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #5947
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
If I'm correct, it would take just under eleven and a half weeks
Oh! NOW I get it .
Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #5948
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Doh! Now I get it too, but a bit late to join in the fun. Nice question!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #5949
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Sorry for not responding to individual posts from over night. Indeed Stitchawl seems to have guessed the connection quickly. Here is the final list of correct answers.

Benares
Brindisi
London
Omaha
Shanghai
Yokohama (Stitchawl)
Calcutta (Stitchawl)
San Francisco (Stitchawl)
New York (Stitchawl)
Liverpool (Stitchawl)
Paris (Issybird)
Hong Kong (Issybird)
Suez (Issybird)
Dublin (Stitchawl)
Singapore (Stitchawl)
Salt Lake City (Stitchawl)

A few well known cities that could have been added are Chicago, Rangoon and Bombay (Mumbai). The connection is of course that all cities listed were visited by Phileas Fogg and Passepartout during their global circumnavigation in Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.

So I look forward to another Stitchawl quiz.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 03-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #5950
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I couldn't tell you why, but when I saw the first set of cities, my mind just immediately went 'around the world in 80 days...' It was a favorite of mine.

But it's my bed time now, so if someone else has a good question, please post it. I'm off to sleep!

Stitchawl
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #5951
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Nobody? OK... here's one;

Name the six nations which border India.

Stitchawl
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #5952
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #5953
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Georgia
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #5954
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Bhutan? Nepal? Bangladesh?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #5955
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Iran?