Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile Found you!

Hello everyone,

I posted in the shameless promotion forum first because I couldn't seem to find this thread. Now that I have, I'd like to ask a few questions. First, does anyone know how I can enlarge my cover photo under my name? Second, how do I make a live link to my book? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Joyce DeBacco
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'll need to "blow up" the cover image using some sort of graphics program.

Once you've been a member of the forum for a certain length of time, you'll be able to add a "signature" to your posts in which you can, if you wish, add a discreet hyperlink to your book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I used the picture from

http://joycedebacco.com/yahoo_site_a....204154217.jpg

Welcome Joyce!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	peroquet_hello.gif
Views:	218
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	49548 Joyce, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Welcome Joyce,

you mean this?

Go this post , follow it up and you will learn everything. In no time.

Last edited by beppe; 04-09-2010 at 05:54 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile Beppe & Sparrow

Beppe, I clicked on the link you put in your post, but got a message saying it was not a valid address and to type in the address, which I can't do because I don't know it.

Sparrow, I didn't understand your post. Do you mean if I use the picture from my website, it will come through in the proper size?

To all the other posters, thank you.

Joyce DeBacco SERENDIPITY HOUSE

http://www.joycedebacco.com
Old 04-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
Beppe, I clicked on the link you put in your post, but got a message saying it was not a valid address and to type in the address, which I can't do because I don't know it.
http://www.joycedebacco.com
You are right. I made a mistake and did not check the link. Silly of me.
Try now and it will work.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Joyce,, I have a quick idea for your profile picture size.
Just right click on your book cover picture in this thread, choose "save image as" and save it to your desktop. Then just go back and upload to your avatar.

I just tried that and it saved as my avatar pic..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hi Joyce and welcome to MR!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Joyce and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Sparrow, I didn't understand your post. Do you mean if I use the picture from my website, it will come through in the proper size?
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I downloaded the image from the website to my PC, then I selected the image on my PC as my avatar to get a full sized version.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
joycedb
Guru

Smile

Thanks to all who welcomed me and to those trying to help me. I have a few things now I have to try to get my cover pic at the right size. One of them might work. The next time you see me post, it might show it correctly. Who knows? Thanks again.

Joyce DeBacco
Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
joycedb
Guru

Okay, I just tried Dreams solution and while it shows up correctly on my user cp, after I click save changes I get a message saying it failed. I have to think on this some more. I'm a little confused on Sparrow's suggestion about downloading from my website to my pc then select because it's already on my pc. Not sure what she meant. So I'm still taking suggestions if anyone has any more. Thanks.

Joyce DeBacco
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
joycedb
Guru

Okay, it worked! Then why did I get a message saying it failed? Hmm, darn computers. Thanks to all.

Joyce DeBacco
Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #15
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Okay, it worked! Then why did I get a message saying it failed? Hmm, darn computers. Thanks to all.

Joyce DeBacco
Your avatar looks perfectly allright.