Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
OllieQueen
OllieQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Books bought from Amazon

Hi all,

I use Calibre to organize my books that I've side loaded, but for the books that I buy from Amazon, they show in the Author panel as Last Name, First Name and I have all my other books organized by First Name, Last Name... so they're like orphans away from all their brothers and sisters...

These books don't appear in Calibre so where can I find them on the Kindle to either load them into Calibre and rearrange their sorting pattern, or is there another way aside from Calibre to do this?

Thanks for any help!
OllieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is possible to import your Amazon ebooks directly from the Fire into Calibre. However, since many have DRM (encryption) you are limited in what changes you can make to the these ebooks in Calibre (and they will only work on your Fire).

A better approach, is to import the same ebooks from K4PC or K4Mac. If you use the 3rd party DRM-stripping plugins, the imported MOBIs will be DRM-free and you can customize them however you want. K4PC puts its ebooks in My Documents\My Kindle Content, so import them from there. Note that the plugins have been recently upgraded for the latest K4PC/K4Mac. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for more on DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieQueen View Post
Hi all,

I use Calibre to organize my books that I've side loaded, but for the books that I buy from Amazon, they show in the Author panel as Last Name, First Name and I have all my other books organized by First Name, Last Name... so they're like orphans away from all their brothers and sisters...

These books don't appear in Calibre so where can I find them on the Kindle to either load them into Calibre and rearrange their sorting pattern, or is there another way aside from Calibre to do this?

Thanks for any help!
There's a setting in Calibre Preferences (which I don't fully understand) where you can set the Preference of author first name last name order permanently for all imported books.
It's listed in Preferences, Advanced in Calibre under "Tweaks" and called "author sort name algorithm".
I'm actually not real sure if this changes the metadata author order or refers to the tag browser author order.
If you do a Google search on this topic, there are posts to Calibre forums which explain this algorithm tweak for imported books.
HTH
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest asking your question in the Calibre forum. You're much more likely to get help there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote