Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTRN View Post
If you have a Windoze machine, use Windows Media Player to RIP your CD's to MP3 files and play those on your Nexus. All of my CD's have been ripped and rest quietly in their jewel cases. They are readily available on my hard disk drive anytime I want to listen on my phone, tablet or MP3 player.

Cheers!

John
You don't need Windoze to burn CDs with your music, there are tools that will run on Linux as well and, though I have no personal experience, maybe even on macs.

And you couldn't do much worse than windows media player to burn your CDs.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Thank you John, I do have a Windows 7 machine and have ripped songs from my cd's to my pc or have burned cd's with music I've download to my pc.

This is just to have music in as many places as possible, I'm not really worried about sound quality since listening through headphones/earbuds is less than optimal.

When I want good sound I listen to my audio system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTRN View Post
If you have a Windoze machine, use Windows Media Player to RIP your CD's to MP3 files and play those on your Nexus. All of my CD's have been ripped and rest quietly in their jewel cases. They are readily available on my hard disk drive anytime I want to listen on my phone, tablet or MP3 player.

Cheers!

John
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #33
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I would add Dolphin browser as a good one as well. once you tweak the preferences it works well, also add Dolphin Jetpack to it. other apps...love. Screen Filter for reading at night, battery widget solo, Apex launcher.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #34
Daniel Jones
Nameless Being

Use dropbox, skydive or other to easily access and manage your eBooks over all your devices. I does it over my gadgets and feels much simple to manage them.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #35
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
congrats where are the pics of the device buddy
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #36
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I wonder if we'll ever see any flash drives that have a micro USB? I would have thought that there was an increasing market for them...All I've seen are attempts by outsiders to solder bits and pieces...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #37
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You wouldn't want a dongle-type thing sticking out of a tablet. Guaranteed damage very quickly. If you want expanded memory, buy one with a micro-card slot.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #38
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
You wouldn't want a dongle-type thing sticking out of a tablet. Guaranteed damage very quickly. If you want expanded memory, buy one with a micro-card slot.
Nothing 'wrong' with a Nexus, that can't be managed. But I only envisaged something that could be attached for a few minutes to transfer files to and from the device's memory.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #39
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I wonder if we'll ever see any flash drives that have a micro USB? I would have thought that there was an increasing market for them...All I've seen are attempts by outsiders to solder bits and pieces...
You know that is so old school using wires pfft
http://www.seagate.com/external-hard...ate-satellite/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #40
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You know that is so old school using wires pfft
http://www.seagate.com/external-hard...ate-satellite/
I hope that's faster than the iomega iconnect my son bought us for Christmas .... ! Man, that's slow across wifi....

But I was considering maps on a flash drive, loaded onto my tablet according to where we find ourselves - that device looks good, but won't help me on those occasions ...

Not to worry, all things are possible
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Nothing 'wrong' with a Nexus, that can't be managed. But I only envisaged something that could be attached for a few minutes to transfer files to and from the device's memory.
That's exactly what a USB OTG cable does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #42
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I have used OTG with the nexus...but truth be told...Dropbox is much faster....for any media file....

Quote:
I hope that's faster than the iomega iconnect my son bought us for Christmas .... ! Man, that's slow across wifi....

But I was considering maps on a flash drive, loaded onto my tablet according to where we find ourselves - that device looks good, but won't help me on those occasions ...

Not to worry, all things are possible
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's exactly what a USB OTG cable does.
Indeed, but if the drive itself had the necessary linkage, there would be no need for a cable as well.

Why have two pieces hanging out when one could do?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #44
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
There's one big thing wrong with a Nexus 7 - it can't hold on to a wi-fi connection. You knew about the lack of expandable memory when you bought it, so that doesn't count as a problem.

Yes, I have one. I'm not in love with it, but it's very useful. The wi-fi thing is a big minus.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #45
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
There's one big thing wrong with a Nexus 7 - it can't hold on to a wi-fi connection.
?? Never had a problem with the WiFi on mine, of course I've only used it a couple of different places so don't have experience using a bunch of different connections. It would suck if it dropped connections all the time though.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote